Playing iPhone 5s music in my 2011 G37 (no nav)

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
Ihtbealexxx
Car: 2011 G37x Sedan

Just bought my first car a couple days back and would like some help. I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I couldn't find any answers via the search bar.

My car is a 2011 G37x sedan (no navigation) and I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out how to play the music I have stored on my iPhone 5s through my car speakers. I tried connecting my iPhone via the USB port in the center console of the car, but it wouldn't charge the phone and when I tried cycling through the disc and radio options the iPhone wouldn't appear. Is there a specific way to achieve what I'm trying to do? Thanks for your help and time!

TBo
Car: 2011 G37Coupe Journey

I am still figuring mine out as well BUT I just found out tonight as a matter of fact that you must press the AUX button to play from the iPhone play list. I have a 2011 G37 Journey with nav so I don't know if there is that much difference in the audio but I just thought I would chime in. Good luck! :)

DamageInc
Car: 2010 G37 Journey Sedan

It's a PITA, but here is how I do it. Leave the phone UNPLUGGED and play a song from your phone, once the song plays THEN PLUG IN THE PHONE. The song you were playing should come through the speakers...yous shouldn't have to press any radio settings (AUX for example). From there you can switch to iRadio, Pandora, youtube, etc on the phone. Once you unplug the phone you'll have to source back to FM/CD or whatever. Hope this helps.

willmattmill
Car: 2011 Infiniti G37 Sedan

I drive a 2011 G37 Sedan (no Nav) and I too had a similar issue when I first got my car. I found that when playing music via Spotify or Pandora you can do 1 of 2 things. 1, start playing music from your device then plug the USB into your device and the music should seamless come through the speakers. 2, plug in your device to the USB, play music on your device, press AUX, arrow over to the PAUSE/PLAY button and press OKAY...music should start playing.

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”