Playing DVD's on the Nav System

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
LoveMyG35Coupe
Car: Racing

I've seen someones post about modifying the Nav system to play DVD's. There has to be an easier way to do this. Couldnt this be done with a "Y" cable and some sort of switch. Even if I have to pay for an aftermarket DVD player and mount it via some custom work next to the OEM DVD-Rom.

I have an Ivory Pearl, Coupe. So far I've added clear corners with xenon matching bulbs, I've also added those bulbs to the verticle light within the headlight housing. (You can access the headlight by removing the inner plastic from the wheel well), black light dome lights, tinted windows. Going to replace the yellowish fog lights next, they ruin the xenon effect. I've heard you can do it with cool blue H1 bulbs.

Any other Coupe owners in the Seattle area?

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Come on folks.I <know> someone can answer this question.

Fred...:)

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

PS: Ivory Pearl is my <favorite> infiniti color!

Fred...:)

Aries
Car: LT1 240SS

hmmm...Not sure yet, though I have often wondered about the DVD system as well..

MasterMan
Car: nothing running at the moment city buses "uck here

i would think that there is away to find the inputs into the screen splice the wires and make it into an RCA type deal.. then u could plug a dvd player in.. and possably even have a switch so u could go from dvd to navigation system.. i dont know as i have never taken one apart..

jdmstyl
Car: cars and women

I have heard of it being done i am looking into it myself.

jquintero

Here's the answer to your question...

http://www.geocities.com/wonderer369/G35Nav.html

Aries
Car: LT1 240SS

Perfect!I'm gonna go do it tomarrow morning!

crazy_zee77
Car: driving fast

can anyone tell me if there is a trick to opening this link.........cuz i cannot do it...........and i would love to find out how to play dvds in my navi.

Richatchase
Car: People's pursuit of making money.

It opened fine for me. Try copying and pasting into your address line on your browser.

crazy_zee77
Car: driving fast

is it supposed to take u to a white pages search engine.................cuz thats what happens when i click on the link...and if i copy and paste it does the same tjing again...........:(

Richatchase
Car: People's pursuit of making money.

I don't know I tried it again and it pulled up the article right away. I actually did a cut and paste and e-mailed it to you crazy, hope it works for you.

SteveCooper

has anyone found an easier way to play DVD VIDEO on the DV NAV system in the G35 Coupe besides the instructions located at

http://www.geocities.com/wonderer369/G35Nav.html

Let me know

SteveCooper

has anyone come up with an easer way of playing dvd video on nav system

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”