plastic welding and dumbass question

NICO's official source for Nissan upholstery, carpet, headliners, and trim information!
SketchyRollin564
Car: SR hatchback in the werks

Ok so my my radio bezel trim is not only broken where the screws go in on the bottom, but now where the shifter trim connects to it on the right, by the ash tray

Sooo... i doubt glue gun will hold up on this one, so i wanna try plastic welding. What exactly is it and how do you do it?

also, the dumbass questionthe thing that connects the the lighter socket thing... how does that disconnect? i disconnected the thing for the light for the ashtray, but i cant for the life of me figure out how to get the plug off the socket. I tryed pulling it straight out slowly with some force, but i was afraid to go any further

SketchyRollin564

bump i guess?

skott.b
Car: 91 S13 ka-t

when it comes to welding plastic. i always used a soldering iron. on the under side or what ever im melting back together.

but imo i would just go get another benzal. thigs are cheap. either check the classifieds or your local yunk jard.

as for the lighter:

are you trying to pull the socket off the bottom?if so just pull it off, might have to use a small screw driver to wedge it off its stuck on. but be sure to pull the fuse first

are you trying to get the plastic trim off the cigarette housing? "dont know why"there are small tabs on it, just loosen tabs and pull out

SketchyRollin564

no, im not trying to get the metal part out of the bezel, just to unplug it so i can take the bezel out to work on it. I dont care if the socket thing is still attached to the bezel, as long as i get the bezel out of the car.

I probably sound like a dumbass, but i cant figure out how to unplug that damn thing. Seems like the only way is pulling it, but it feels like if i pull it any harder, i might break somthing (like its not supposed to be pulled)

SketchyRollin564

so you dont know?

im gonna need to do this anyways if i get a new bezel from the junkyard

GerryO
Car: 1993 J30t
Pearl White
Black Interior

If it's black ABS plastic, try gluing it with the black glue that's used for ABS plumbing fittings.

Return to “Interiors”