Plans for heavy duty trucks?

Covering the 2003-2015 first-gen and 2016+ Titan and Titan XD lineup
Mr1der
Car: It's still not a Nissan...

I was just wondering if anyone knows of plans for heavier trucks like 3/4 ton and 1 ton trucks?

the Titan is cool and all, but I don't see them cutting into too much of the Big Three's success without some heavy duty work trucks too. It doesn't sound like it'd make much sense for a Japanese company to do this being they don't have much use for large pickups there (so it'd seem anyway due to the lack of full size pickups until a few years ago from any foreign company).

This was just bugging me today, and the thought of a 6.7 liter DOHC powered truck would be pretty freakin cool (assuming that's what they'd do anyway, use the American approach and throw in more displacement)

NISTECH

The titan is designed, produced,and marketed in the us. The only vehicles left in nissans line up not made in north america is the 350Z, Murano*,and original Pathfinder* (*= soon to be made on US soil) ALL the cars sold in the US are designed in the US by NNA(Nissan North America) not by NMC(Nissan Motor Corp.)

Nissan currently has no plans for anything bigger then the titan 1/2 ton. nissan's goal is only to aquire 10% of the truck market. They know they cant compete with the big 3.

SmithSR
Car: 240sx

Scott, how do you think it'll sell? On the TV, the truck doesn't <seem> all that hot.. but in person, it looks really good, to me. I'd buy one, if I needed a 1/2ton unit for non-severe duty towing/hauling.

The pictures just don't do it any justice. I think it looks mean/tough/truck-like/etc..

Mr1der

The interior looks like that off a car too, like the new F 150 is, it's clearly the signs of what's to come with trucks, I think it's pretty neat to sit in them like you would a car only higher.

I have a '67 3/4 ton Ford in my drive way and I hate driving for long periods of time, it's so scrunched with no room to stretch my legs and my foot gets real tired holding the pedal down. I welcome these new cab designs with open arms!

NISTECH

Phil I am wondering that my self we have got about 10 on our lot right now and I think we have only sold one since we started getting them. they arent selling that good for us. I have heard that the other 3 nissan dealers in the area are seling them so not sure if its just our location or what. I know I would love to have one. especially the crewcab model. On a side note I caught a chev commercial on TV the other night with a car carrier driving down the road and chevy's driving on to it while it was moving(I wanna do that) any how the last vehicle to load on the carrier gave me a woody. Chevy apperantly has jumped on the retro band wagon and they did an awesome job of it. I dont know the badge name of the truck but it's a convertable sport truck with a vette engine in it ,HELLOOOO, I was drowlin over it till I found out it was only a 2 seater. I have 2 rug rats so that one is out unfortunatly :(. So it looks like the titan is gonna be my choice.

Mr1der

I think they're planning on making a Nomad version of the SSR, kinda neat looking, I really hope they follow through with it.

The Titan is a real truck and not a car with a truck bed though:D

Return to “Nissan Titan Forum”