Planetside 2

PC, Game console and Online gaming discussion forum
Boostoff
Car: 1995 R33 Skyline GTST

Soooooooooooo, am I the only old-guy gamer on here (not 17 years old... ;)

Planetside 1 was immense, but was a subscription based game, 15bux a month back in 2003.
Thousands of players, hundreds of people shooting at hundreds of people at the same time with tanks, aircraft, ect. all before there was even a MMOFPS label.

Now Sony Online Entertainment has released a bunch of footage and news from Planetside2

This will be a free to play MMOFPS with a new physics engine utilizing NVidia's PhysiX engine. Allot has been released, and it its currently in closed beta.
Allot of people have received Beta-Keys from PC gamer, as it was last month's PC Gamer front-page cover story.

I play still as TR (overthrown) on the single PS1 server still online... Dreary population at the moment, as the graphics and such really haven't been updated sense 2005.. O well, PS2 looms on the horizon, and promises much in the way of massive FPS hundred- on- hundred battles.
I will be seen dropping rockets on your head via my reaver come launch-date ;)

More can be seen here;
http://www.planetside-universe.com/

http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/planetside-2-preview-2/
Last edited by Boostoff on Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

I've been looking forward to it. I hope it's as good as it has the potential to be. I've also been watching Tribes Ascend pretty closely, so I figure if one of the two lets me down, there's a good change the other won't.

Boostoff
Car: 1995 R33 Skyline GTST

I have been on and off Tribes, not too impressed

s0m3th1ngAZ
Car: 96' Miata
2014 Focus ST

Tribes ascend is glorious if you prefer that type of fast-twitch game-play. The only thing I have against it is that the class kits tend to be a little unbalanced, especially for newer players. It is NOT a newb friendly game (Though to be fair it's very easy to get experience)
I played PLanetside for a year, so of course I'll try and pick this one up.

Return to “Gaming”