Pivot Headlight Controller Installation

Articles, modifications, maintenance, DIY's, how-to's and general information for 240sx owners.
dickie
Car: Killer Turtle

Pivot controllers are the easy and clean way to give your car the "sleepy eye" look.

Difficulty: **

Time: 30 mins- 1 hr

Cost $80-100

Materials:

- Pivot Headlight Controller- electrical tape- male/female wire connectors- single ring connector

Tools:

- screwdriver- 10mm socket wrench- wire cutting and stripping tool or blade

Procedure:

Disconnect your battery before beginning.

Take off that plastic whoseeewhatsit by your left foot down there.

Take a 10mm socket and take off the little white box with wires attached.Then you will see another little box with wires but it is black color.

This is the guy you want. Take him out too and unwrap that old *** electrical tape so

you can get a good 4 or 5 inches of wiring exposed.

Find the pink wire with a little blue stripe guy. CUT HIM IN HALF. make sure to leave

enough to attach a little connector (or just twist wires if you do it how I used to)

Next, put female connectors on each side of the pink wire you just cut and stripped. Then take the wiring from the PIVOT harness and put a male connector on the yellow

wire and the black wire.

Next you will make the wires have "sex".

Connect the black wire to the side of the pink one that is closest to the plugConnect the yellow wire to the side of the pink one that is closest to the wiring

going into the car.

Cool, you are doing well. Maybe have a SLURPEE.

next, find the red wire that comes with the PIVOT harness. this is the GROUND WIRE.

yes, it is red.Take a circle doodad connector and put it on there and find some kind of metal to

ground it to.

(please take note and see that I already put the black box and the white box back

where they belong in the cave. Mmhmm. very nice.We are almost done!You are a real mechanic now!!!

Next up is the BADASS step. This is where you get to play superman with the ignition

(i think). Find the fat white wire with a red stripe under the steering column

thing. I chose not to cut this, but rather, I took a razor and shaved some of his

rubber skin off so the wire was exposed. Then I took the GRAY wire from the PIVOT

harness and stripped a little of his skin off the tip and wrapped him around the

ignition wire guy. COOL! Then of course please tape them up so you don't start a

wildfire.

Okay! Thats all the wiring hooked up now. Last thing is to hook the battery back

up. Clean up any mess. Reattach any of the plastic trim you may have taken off. Then

you have to figure out where to put the cool PIVOT controller doodad.

For the best action, I suggest setting it to 20.

Now you are done and you have so many JDMs!!!

To work this knick knack you have to pop your lights up normally, then when you press

the button or turn the stalk for them to go back to sleep, they will stay in your new

JDM style!

Return to “240sx Articles”