Piston/Rod combo

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
tx240s14
Car: 96 240sx

Im trying to decide which piston/rod combo to go with for my ka rebuild and would like to know what most ka-t user are running and thier opinions on them. Thanks in advance . :)

eazye2000
Car: S13 KA-DET

My personal favorite is the K1 Technologies rods, and the Arias pistons. Both are the lightest available for each respective part. I don't know by how much exactly off the top of my head.
But which are the strongest, I have no idea. I think the Pauter X-Beams are probably the strongest. Or maybe the Manley's for rods. But pistons, maybe CP by their track record in other motors.
But for sure, the weight of the K1 rods and Arias pistons were my deciding factor when building my motor. Take it for what it's worth.

Chaotic_Warlord
Car: Black 5 speed Swapped 1995 240sx

I do believe that the Pauter/Arias combo is what a lot of the hardcore no expense is to big crowd are using. But I also know that the Eagle/CP combo is working out for the budget minded guys. It all depends on what kind of numbers you are looking for (hp/tq/boost), what your budget is, and what you plan on doing with the motor once it's complete. If you are looking to DD it with some mild track use or occassional pounding of the gas then the CP/Eagle combo is your best bang for the buck, it you plan on wailing on it constantly and putting it under high stress loads frequently (drag/drift) then go with the high dollar Arias/Pauter combo for reliability. That's just my .02 cents.

tx240s14
Car: 96 240sx

Thanks for you input.. it'll be my dd with mild track use so i think im going towards cp/eagle combo. Im not looking for crazy hp either im looking for ~350 hp.

motoman399
Car: 98' wrecked (RHD coming soon) 240

im going to be going with eagle and wisco. they both have pretty good names and i have seen some of their stuff and its quality.

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”