Pioneer AVIC-D3X in Rogue

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Leo2005

Well I don't have too many pics but I'll show you guys what I have and what wires you will need to connect for that navigation system. Any project starts with the beer and it doesnt matter which one. The top cover of combination meter can be removed just by pulling up with hands and no tools required. After that theres a small plastic piece under the meter that can be removed with screw driver. Under the meter you will find 2 screws that holds the whole panel.This is the wire for the speed sensor that highly recommended to connect to the system.Make sure you have a good connection with it by connecting provided T-clip. After connecting speed sensor(yellow wire) you will need to connect the parking brake (purpule wire) to have all the features available on your unit. If you would like to bypass blocking videos while driving then you will have to connect parking brake wire and mute wires to the ground.Under the fuse panel from drivers side you can find a piece of plastic that can be pulled up probably with the help of screwdriver where you will find a bunch of wires including the reverse light.Make sure you found the right one before connecting the wire by checking voltage.Put everything back together. Follow the instructions how to remove the audio console and how to put a new radio in the new dash kit. I didn't post pictures on that part because you will get step by step instructions as soon as you buy dash kit and wiring kit. Bluetooth, XM and other adapters can be putted under the unit. The GSM and XM antennas could be going throw plastic piece around the windshield and does not have to be installed on the back of the car as it says in instructions of the pioneer.

ozymandyaz
Car: Nissan Rogue SL AWD in Black

Hey!

Thanks for the info! I had the D3 installed about a week ago but now I need to get back behind the unit and run some AUX input cables...

I have read the metra instructions on how to get the Climate controls and Vents out but all it said to do was un-clip and remove... Is it really as easy as just pulling really hard?

rboyd1780

Did you have to buy an aftermarket part to keep your steering wheel controls?

ozymandyaz
Car: Nissan Rogue SL AWD in Black

I do not have steering wheel controls but I believe you need an adapter to keep them working.

philipa_240sx

Peripheral Electronics has a steering wheel interface for the Rogue, the PESWIPS:

http://www.peripheralelectronics.com/default.aspx

Hint: The Rogue is not listed via the selection on the main page, but it is listed if you goto the 'Instruction Manual' link for the PESWIPS and do a search for the Rogue:

http://www.peripheralelectronics.com/pr ... &YearId=32

I have not tested this, but when cross referencing Peripherals wiring instructions with the FSM it does appear to be correct.

Good luck!
Last edited by Rogue One on Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fix link

boooey

nice!

I really like it.. but maybe I am too used to the stock radio, a part of me thinks that Pioneer kinda looks out of place in the rogue.. i dunno

its hard to explain, its just doesn't look right to me.. maybe its just mebut i'd love to have all the functionality of that radio though

Leo2005

Panels are very easy to pull but you have to help yourself with screwdriver...that's all. Don't have the controls on my wheel so didn't look for any adapter.

ccameselle

Hey Leo,

I have an Xterra 2005. I am trying to find out if my car comes with an speed sensor. Now they told me that it depends on the type of radio that you have. So my question is: Did you have the top of the line stereo in your car or did you have the regular? Thank you in advanced for your help

Carlos

droopy170
Car: 08 Rogue S Indigo Blue

And
ccameselle wrote:Hey Leo,

I have an Xterra 2005. I am trying to find out if my car comes with an speed sensor. Now they told me that it depends on the type of radio that you have. So my question is: Did you have the top of the line stereo in your car or did you have the regular? Thank you in advanced for your help

Carlos
And how does it sound?droopy

philipa_240sx

Carlos
He has no steering wheel controls so it's the base stereo system with no speed sensitive volume control.

The 2 optional stereos (Mid-level and BOSE) came with a steering wheel controls and speed sensitive volume.

jklph

where in the manual can i find the color coding of the wires? i'm looking for the wire for the reverse lamp. i am planning to install a back up camera.

Leo2005

Carlos
What exactly do you mean? If you talking about bose system from premium package then no I don't have the premium. Speed sensor you can find behind the speedometer by looking at service manual. Service manual will all the wires.

Leo2005

droopy170 wrote:AndAnd how does it sound?droopy
It sounds a lot lot better. Loud and very clear sound. I'm really happy that I upgraded the factory radio with that toy.

philipa_240sx

jklph wrote:where in the manual can i find the color coding of the wires? i'm looking for the wire for the reverse lamp. i am planning to install a back up camera.
Please start another post as this is completely different topic.

Leo2005

philipa....I don't think this is a different topic. This is part of the installation a nav unit. Even I included the pictures of the wire for reverse light that located under a fuse box.

rogueboy

You are using the Metra dash kit right? I am having fitment issues - any hints??

Leo2005

me too. I had problems at the bottom. But I already sold the unit because I'm waiting for azentek carputer. After that I'm buying the kit from somewhere else. You can try put something between the screw and the hole but I couldn't make it perfect.

dj kev e g
Car: 08 Nissan Pathfinder

i have an 08 pathfinder

and i am installing a after market stereo (jensen)

and it blocks the video while the car is in motion

is it true if i wire the park break wire to the ground and audio mute it will solve my problem?

philipa_240sx

dj kev e g,

I would post the question about 'blocked video' in the Audio forums:

zeroforum?id=99

The airbag light has to be reset by the dealer. You might also be able to reset using a computerized scan tool.

dj kev e g
Car: 08 Nissan Pathfinder

thanks mate

do you know how to overide the park break problem most in dash dvd players have?

i have been told if i ground it that it will work....is this true

i know the long way of doing it by hooking it up to a toggle switch but i am looking for a simpler way........

nas0827
Car: 2008 Rogue S AWD

How do you remove the gauge cluster to hook up the vss wire?

takeshi
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

There's another thread that explains it.

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

Hey Leo (and others), I'm interested in replacing my headunit myself, I don't have much experience but think I can handle this job.

Am I correct that:
a) The top panel above the headunit with the vents pops off quite easily by just prying with a screw driver
b) Step 2 is to pop off the HVAC control panel below the headunit - does this panel simply pry off easily? Then you simply unplug the control knobs and you're good to go?
c) How much room is there behind those panels, in addition to installing a new head unit I'd like to install a Sirius direct connect unit, which consists of a box about 3 or 4 inches long by maybe 2 inches wide - I may have to find a creative spot up under the footwell panels to hide the box...your thoughts?

Thanks a lot in advance for any comments.

philipa_240sx

Kerrton,

My Clarion HU is still available. I haven't managed to sell it yet.

Leo2005

kerrton wrote: Am I correct that:
a) The top panel above the headunit with the vents pops off quite easily by just prying with a screw driver
b) Step 2 is to pop off the HVAC control panel below the headunit - does this panel simply pry off easily? Then you simply unplug the control knobs and you're good to go?
I didn't even unplug control knobs but pushed them away slightly.
kerrton wrote: c) How much room is there behind those panels, in addition to installing a new head unit I'd like to install a Sirius direct connect unit, which consists of a box about 3 or 4 inches long by maybe 2 inches wide - I may have to find a creative spot up under the footwell panels to hide the box...your thoughts?
There's a lot of space and while replacing my avic-d3x with avic-x910bt I have included XM adapter so the HD adapter as well. Now I want avic-z130 since HD is already integrated and I can start using pandora radio.
Just a tip for Android owners...on ebay you can find some cheap imitations made for specific cars but throw bluetooth you can have any internet station right on your speakers so no need to pay for example for xm radio which is pretty cool in my opinion.

J-wood
Car: 2011 Nissan rogue s

if anyone has an old HU for a nissan rogue for a 2011 that is the sl model or up please let me know i would like to have it thanks

Return to “Rogue Forum”