SR - piggyback tuning

A place to discuss the systems and methods of tuning Nissan engines.
hpmachine
Car: '05 EVO8 + '95 240sx

Hey everyone I need a little help tuning my engine. I've got an AEM wideband 02 sensor, an safc II, sr redtop (stock internals), 740 injectors, z32 maf, 60-1 turbo, and a jwt ecu that's tuned for this setup. I think that's everything important. i haven't made any attempt to tune it yet. I just started it a couple times to make sure everything was wired right. It starts and idles fine, revs up perfectly but it's running waaaay rich. at idle my wideband bottoms out and won't even register. so obviously i've gotta use my safc II to lean this thing out. Just wondering if you've got any advice/tips/hints. like maybe what afr i should shoot for throughout the rev range. very much appreciated...

spotteddawg

hey Ive just started with tuning with aSAFC2 myself so I am no expert but this link will help you understand the 'why and WAy" an SAFC2 is used,its for the SAFC but the info is sound and at least get you started.hope it helps

http://diy.prostreetonline.com...id=31

Spotteddawg giving a little back/.

dustyk

If you have a ecu that is tuned for the setup, then make sure that you zero out all the setting for the S-AFC first. Since your ECU is already tuned for the Z32 maf, make sure that you just use the input and output for the Z32, you shouldnt use the SAFC to convert your signal.

If the tune is good, even with all your settings at 0% it should run good. If you do need to do any tuning, do the high throttle setup first and then do the light throttle setup. You want to start out rich and slowly lean it out, that way you wont blow your motor by making your car too lean.

Return to “Engine Tuning”