pig tails <license plate lights> problem

Got questions about your Nissan? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
keysersoze

I am in Virginia, with a 91 240sx coupe. I have to get it inspected, and the pig tails don't work..I checked the bulbs...they are fine...I also noticed that the rear side lights aren't working either. If there is a fuse, where is it...I have the Chilton book..no help..I read the manual...no help.....please tell me how to fix it...I can't drive around much longer without an inspection sticker....$60 dollars plus $45 dollar court processing fee if I get caught...... Immediant help would be greatly apprecated...:help

drjohn

Check the harness end that plugs into the socket end and see if you have power and grd. If you do than you have a defective socket. One fuse controlls all the tail lamps and side markers.

keysersoze

I pulled the bulbs out, and checked for current..there was...I feel stupid . It was just that the bulps were blown. The wierd thing was the filliments were intact...the blow was somewhere in the base...so when I pulled the bulbs to look at them, they appeared fine.....thanks for your help, though

Return to “Nissan Online Mechanic”