Pictures: M45 with Mac-Mini running Front Row...

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
FikseGTS
Car: 2006 Infiniti M45

I still have more work to do with regards to the finishing touches, but everything is working, pictures here:

http://www.dragtimes.com/galle...t-Row

It's awesome....

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Welcome to NICO!
FikseGTS wrote:I still have more work to do with regards to the finishing touches, but everything is working, pictures here:

http://www.dragtimes.com/galle...t-Row

It's awesome....
Now THAT is indeed awesome! :

How much time and work was involved in this project?

Z

FikseGTS

the M45 with tech package already has the audio/video inputs.... so the install is simple.... setting up the mac-mini ahead of time for remote bluetooth, front row, itunes syncing, bluetooth dial-up and so on took a bit longer....

I'm going to see if an EyeTV 500 over the air digital TV tuner will bring in TV via firewire to the whole system....

Jesda

I just saw this over at MacNN and was about to post it. What a slick setup!

superjv1080
Car: M45 + FX35

Have any pics of the physical wiring? I see that you have the mini in the center console. Are you using a power converter? I assume you have the NAV/E-Brake hack going on?

What's your control? Wireless mouse and keyboard?

FikseGTS

wirelesss bluetooth mouse, I use a virtual keyboard, using the mouse to click on the letters...

not much wiring, right now I'm using a small inverter to power the mac-mini, I might hardwire it in... I did drill a 1" hole in the back of the center console, that feeds into the rear AC duct.... so now the center console is cooled by the AC system..... a little gromet, and it looks like it's supposed to be there... the mac-mini did get pretty warm without this mod....

I did do the nav/ebrake hack... it's really easy..... there is a small switch in the front ash tray, right beside the cigarette lighter...

jddux
Car: Infiniti m45

That is real cool, I am in the Miami area how much to help me set that up?

conley_jb
Car: 2003- Infniniti M45 - Sport

I just came across your install myself and have a couple questions. I have a 2003 M, so although things are similar there may be a couple differences. I am more curious as to how you got the signal into the dash display more than anything else. You mentioned on the 06 with Tech package there is already an input? Is there a dedicated aux input on this display or are you simplifying things for folks. I have cracked the dash in my 2003 and the LCD display uses a crude, RGB connection as part of the propriatary harness. I don't have a shop manual as of yet to know which wires are which, but am also hestitant to tap in to this due to knot knowing what sort of sync connections Nissan used if any? Although I know you can buy adapters (G-Net and NAv-TV) to connect an aux input to these displays, I am researching the possibility of replcaing the display altogether with a new aftermarket one, which is touch screen that has inputs for both an external source (MAcmini, PC, etc.) and the factory Nav and vehicle information. I have ordered a shiop manual which I hope will tell me what I need to know, but appreciate any insight from you since you have interfaced the Mini with the factory display already.

Thanks

FikseGTS

depends on if you want the nav/dvd hack done, it takes a while to do.... actually, I just sold the M45, so I have the entire Mac-Mini setup from my car for sale.... without the Treo650.....
jddux wrote:That is real cool, I am in the Miami area how much to help me set that up?

szh

FikseGTS wrote:actually, I just sold the M45
Huhn? Not to pry, but was a there a reason you can share with us?

Z

FikseGTS

Traded it in for an E55....

szh

FikseGTS wrote:Traded it in for an E55....
Ah! AMG or regular Benz?

Z

FikseGTS

E55 AMG..... ran it the other night 12.4 in the 1/4 mile with not that great of a launch..... it's quick!

szh

FikseGTS wrote:E55 AMG..... ran it the other night 12.4 in the 1/4 mile with not that great of a launch..... it's quick!
That is amazing, indeed!

Z

KrYs130
Car: M35x Sport

Hey, do you still have the mini mac equipment for sale....if not, do you know a place where i can find such equipment? I would also need an installer. If you could help me out, that would be great, i live down in Miami too. Thanks!

JerseyEd25
Car: 2006 M35

that is pretty nifty! Really like it alot....can you get a how-to up for us? I have a minimac just laying around not being used, and want to get that going in my car. Really like the interface on the screen.

I have M35 Sport with Journey and Sirius, no tech........really would appreciate the help. I guess maybe being able to hook up my ipod with that the interface would work just as well.....would REALLY! appreciate the help

FikseGTS

without the tech package, you're in for a more complicated install, since there are no video inputs in your car.... you can call navtvtogo, and they can sell you an adapter to allow the video input into your front screen...

BTW, apple has a link to my car's setup:

http://www.apple.com/uk/macmini/

szh

FikseGTS wrote:BTW, apple has a link to my car's setup:

http://www.apple.com/uk/macmini/
Cool!

Z

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”