Picture Help!

General discussion forum for J30 and M30 owners!
1993TanJ30
Car: 1993 J30

I tried signing up for the Photopost thing - and I never got an e-mail back, tried twice already... I couldn't login with my NICO login/username..

In the meantime, I threw them on CarDomain.com, at the link below:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2070601

Let me know what you think! As far as styling, she'll be getting 35% tint all the way around in the couple weeks... What should be next? Thanks!
Modified by 1993TanJ30 at 7:08 AM 8/2/2005

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

your nico name/PW wont work, you have to register seperately like you did..

I dont know, why we have been having problems with photopost ..

I'll mention this in an appropiate venue

PS:Wow your car looks awesome!!cant believe its a 93!..

1993TanJ30

Thanks for the kind words!

Ya, so far my experience with Photopost - it sucks!

Its cool though!

driverdriver
Car: NICO's longtime resident Canuck!!!

That's only the second J, I've seen in that shade. Nice!

If your using non-OEM or Silverstar bulbs, ensure they are of the right voltage. The wrong voltage tends to screw up the headlight electricals.

Like me you have the gold empblem package. If your gold is fading or tarnished, I recommend you pick up a hobby gold plating kit from Ebay and some extra gold solution. Re-plating is easy to do as long as you have time and patience. The trick is to throughly clean the surface that is to be plated with rubbing alcohol, dry throughly with a clean cotton towel and work in small sections blending in other sections. Also after plating, don't drive the vehicle for 24 hours.

1993TanJ30

Awesome info!!! Mine are faded like CRAZY!!!

Will this work on the grill also or...?

Do you remove the emblems from the car? Or do you use like a small paintbrush or what?

And do you have the OEM floor mats in your car? I need a set bad - any idea where I can get them? I have the rears, need front... Called dealer - DISCONTINUED

Lets see some pics of your ride man!

driverdriver

Remove the emblems; the grill and door handles can be plated as is. Use 3M super sticky adhesive to put them back on. Make sure to glue it back on a cool to-the-touch surface. Don't stick them on a hot surface, because the glue bubbles from the heat. I used a tripod based laser level to align the 'J30t' on the trunk.

I have original J30 floor mats. I bought the car when it had about 8000 miles on it a decade ago. Along with the original sales brochure, sales video, media brochure, Infiniti key chain and a Infiniti produced magazine, that had snippets of reviews and articles reprinted with permission from Car and Driver, Motortrend, Automobile and Road and Track magazines. These items tend to appear on Ebay from time to time.

These guys last year, had a huge selection of J30 OEM mats that they where trying to get rid of http://www.guelphinfinitinissan.com. It might be worth giving them a call to see if thay have any sets left.

My pics are on a recent thread on the board. Run a search for the "J30 pic thread."

1993TanJ30

DiverDriver:

1) What did you use to remove the emblems?

2) Do you have the same color interior as me? Whats it called if so...?

3) Think you could do me a HUGE FAVOR and give that dealership a ring for me, ask about the interior color I have? I don't want to come accross as lazy - but international rates on my cell are CRAZY

I would appreciate it very much. I'd like to order these ASAP. Thanks for the heads up either way.

4) Can you provide a link to the kit you used? There aren't many hobby shops in my are these days. When I was a kid there was plenty, but they've all closed down. I just don't want it to look crappy.

Thats awesome about grabbing your J30T with only 8000 miles on it! Must'e been really nice to drive one of these with that low mileage on it!!!

I'm going to check out the pictures of your car - sounds really nice!

5) Being in Canada, you don't drive the J in the winter, right? I think that'd be suicide!

6) And you said the "emblems and door handles" On my car the door handles are chrome - not gold, did I mis-understand you?

Ok well thanks!!!

yodawill2000
Car: 94 Infiniti J30

Man ..Its great to see someone TOTALY fired up about getting a J ..Good for you ..Whats the mileage on that puppy ??

driverdriver

1993TanJ30 wrote:DiverDriver:

1) What did you use to remove the emblems?

2) Do you have the same color interior as me? Whats it called if so...?

3) Think you could do me a HUGE FAVOR and give that dealership a ring for me, ask about the interior color I have? I don't want to come accross as lazy - but international rates on my cell are CRAZY

I would appreciate it very much. I'd like to order these ASAP. Thanks for the heads up either way.

4) Can you provide a link to the kit you used? There aren't many hobby shops in my are these days. When I was a kid there was plenty, but they've all closed down. I just don't want it to look crappy.

Thats awesome about grabbing your J30T with only 8000 miles on it! Must'e been really nice to drive one of these with that low mileage on it!!!

I'm going to check out the pictures of your car - sounds really nice!

5) Being in Canada, you don't drive the J in the winter, right? I think that'd be suicide!

6) And you said the "emblems and door handles" On my car the door handles are chrome - not gold, did I mis-understand you?

Ok well thanks!!!
Answers below:

(1.) I used the smallest flat head screwdriver I had very carefully. I managed to stick a piece of velvet where I got leverage to pry and pryed very gently. The emblems came off fairly easily.

(2.) Mine is Obsidian black (exterior) on matching black leather that still looks and feels new. I've used Meguire's rich leather wipes for years ( I can hear the gasps of horror from some members on this board!) as well as their interior protectant wipes-my dash and doors still look like new with no colour fade. I know your exterior colour (according to the Canadian version of the sales brochure) is called sandstone and your interior is simply known as tan.

(3.) Will do and let you know.

(4.) I bought my kit on Ebay. I will let you know when I see it again.

(5.)First five years I drove the J through snow, sleet and ice. Never got stuck. I had premium Goodyear GT +4 All Season Radials and the car was rust proofed every year (I still get it sprayed yearly). There is no sign of rust on the car from salt. Driving in snow is all about technique. I currently rum Dunlop Sport A2 All Seasons and will still run it in the snow if I absolutely have too. Otherwise I park it in the garage and use my Jeep(soon to be a new Land Rover) daily driver or my wife's Acura EL.

(6.) My door handles were gold-plated by the dealer also along with the antenna and rear key hole. It was part of the "gold" package the previous owner had originally bought from the Infiniti dealer. Unfortunatly (but fortunate for me) the original owner couldn't make his payments for whatever reason and the car was repossesed by Nissan Credit. I traded in my one year old Audi for it. I've owned a lot vehicles and the J is one that I can't part with because tha car still gives me joy even though I only drive it now during the nice weather.

1993TanJ30

Thanks for all the help Driver. I tried searching for the post, containing your pictures - but didn't come up with anything.

Keep me posted about the the floor mats, and gold plating kit - I'd like to take care of both problems ASAP.

Return to “J30 Forum / M30 Forum”