Pics of my newly imported US-legal R34 GT-R

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
GSX-R35
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:42 pm
Car: 2010 Black Obsidian TSM Pro Eight R35
1999 Midnight Purple 2 R34 V-spec
1990 Gun Metal Grey Nismo R32

Pics of my newly imported US-legal R34 GT-R

Postby GSX-R35 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:46 pm

Been a while since I've been on here but since the NICO forum was such a big help when I first got my Nismo R32 years ago I thought it would be good to share the latest addition to my little collection - a Midnight Purple 2 1999 R34 V-spec.

And yes, it's fully legit and imported through Show or Display. Went through the import process by myself but with the kind help of Sean Morris of TopRank Importers and a fellow MP2 owner that was importing the same time as me to figure out the application to DOT. It took a while and a lot of effort but I finally realized a long-time dream of owning an R34! This past Saturday I saw a chance for a good photoshoot so I thought I'd share the pics. More pics and info on the car are on my blog here:

http://www.23gt.net/2020/06/lensman-qui ... y-r34.html

Image

Image

Image

Image


User avatar
AZhitman
Administrator
Posts: 70471
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2002 2:04 am
Car: 72 240Z RB25, 63 Bluebird RHD, 63 NL320, 67 WRL411, 67 SPL311, 68 510 SR, 77 620 SR20, 89 Pao, 97 D21, 98 S14, 11 LS460L, 12 Titan 4x4.
Location: Surprise, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Pics of my newly imported US-legal R34 GT-R

Postby AZhitman » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:50 pm

WOW. Welcome back, thanks for the pics. She's stunning!!!!

Johnny RT
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:00 pm
Car: 1995 Skyline R33 GTR v-spec AWD twin turbo.

Re: Pics of my newly imported US-legal R34 GT-R

Postby Johnny RT » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:14 pm

Congratulations, I ordered my 95 R33 GTR v-spec though Japan Partners. Being from Canada it was very easy to get it Registered. Love the color, mine's light silver. The only mod I had to do was buy and install a 6spd sequential transmission, R33 was already modded out from engine to suspension, and all in between. I must admit these cars are the most fun I've had I the 50 years I've been driving. Enjoy your Godzilla!!!!! :woot: :mike

GSX-R35
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:42 pm
Car: 2010 Black Obsidian TSM Pro Eight R35
1999 Midnight Purple 2 R34 V-spec
1990 Gun Metal Grey Nismo R32

Re: Pics of my newly imported US-legal R34 GT-R

Postby GSX-R35 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:19 pm

AZhitman wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:50 pm
WOW. Welcome back, thanks for the pics. She's stunning!!!!
Thanks! I'll have to tell you the saga of getting the car registered with Arizona MVD since you helped me with my R32 before. I thought that whole clusterf*ck had prepared me for dealing with this car but leave it to DMV to throw you a curve ball lol. They did work with me but the process isn't done yet so I'll post about it once it is - hopefully by the middle of next week.

You would think having a letter from the Almighty Fed that basically says "I'm President Trump and I think this car is hella cool to stay in my country" would make the process easier but noooo! Lol.

GSX-R35
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:42 pm
Car: 2010 Black Obsidian TSM Pro Eight R35
1999 Midnight Purple 2 R34 V-spec
1990 Gun Metal Grey Nismo R32

Re: Pics of my newly imported US-legal R34 GT-R

Postby GSX-R35 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:23 pm

Johnny RT wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:14 pm
Congratulations, I ordered my 95 R33 GTR v-spec though Japan Partners. Being from Canada it was very easy to get it Registered. Love the color, mine's light silver. The only mod I had to do was buy and install a 6spd sequential transmission, R33 was already modded out from engine to suspension, and all in between. I must admit these cars are the most fun I've had I the 50 years I've been driving. Enjoy your Godzilla!!!!! :woot: :mike
Congrats on the R33! I got my R34 from a friend of a friend in Canada actually and between the previous owner in Japan and him they tossed some tasty stuff on the car - Z-tune front end, Z-tune Brembos, Ohlins dampers, full Midori Seibi Ti exhaust, HKS turbos, etc etc. Of course, no Skyline owner wouldn't want to add his own personal touch so I'll be swapping out the wheels and making a few other mods in the future lol.

How was Japan Partner to work with? I've heard about them but have yet to run into a confirmed customer.

Johnny RT
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:00 pm
Car: 1995 Skyline R33 GTR v-spec AWD twin turbo.

Re: Pics of my newly imported US-legal R34 GT-R

Postby Johnny RT » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:20 am

Japan Partners are a great company to deal with. I placed my order once I found the R33 GTR v-spec I was looking for. They took care of everything from paperwork to delivery, all taxes, freight charges included. And shipped it to the port I requested in British Columbia Canada. The heart of this Godzilla was already built, a Tomei stroker ( 2.9L ) , Borg& Warner turbos, Ti big throat downpipe, full Ti exhaust system. Endless brakes, engine management system, plus two tunes, one street, one track tune.the list is long!! The price was fantastic, landed all in was just over $ 51K. It has more HP the my ZL1 Camaro did. Fun evil car!!!!

GSX-R35
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:42 pm
Car: 2010 Black Obsidian TSM Pro Eight R35
1999 Midnight Purple 2 R34 V-spec
1990 Gun Metal Grey Nismo R32

Re: Pics of my newly imported US-legal R34 GT-R

Postby GSX-R35 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:58 pm

Johnny RT wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:20 am
Japan Partners are a great company to deal with. I placed my order once I found the R33 GTR v-spec I was looking for. They took care of everything from paperwork to delivery, all taxes, freight charges included. And shipped it to the port I requested in British Columbia Canada. The heart of this Godzilla was already built, a Tomei stroker ( 2.9L ) , Borg& Warner turbos, Ti big throat downpipe, full Ti exhaust system. Endless brakes, engine management system, plus two tunes, one street, one track tune.the list is long!! The price was fantastic, landed all in was just over $ 51K. It has more HP the my ZL1 Camaro did. Fun evil car!!!!
Good to hear Japan Partner was good to work with. I'll keep the info in mind if anyone asks me about them. Enjoy your car!


Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”