Pics of my 1990 G50.

NICO's V.I.P. styling forum.
REC
Car: 90 Q45 (100shot Nos - Nico Stage 3 Ecu)

I really don't consider my car VIP since I have coilovers and not bags and tuner 19's not deep dish chromies but after receiving comments such as this from the Q45 section:

We have a special separated caged forum for VIP desecrations, mutilations, and sacrilegious activities, to protect the sensitivities of Normal [?] middle age from the vileness of youth and the California culture.

I thought it would get a little more respect here......

jltibbs
Car: 2015 Nissan Versa SL
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

You should not have to worry too much about that here bro. I edited your post to show the pics instead of links. Nice Q bro, and welcome to the VIP section.

BLACKonBLACK98
Car: Q45, LS400, STS-V

not vip (and not for the reasons you listed) but clean indeed.

some of those guys in q45 are straight up ignorant and more aren't whati'd really consider "car guys"

TBrack
Car: none

thats ****in bad ***! vip or not that is a winner, you can hang out with me anytime

unknown007
Car: White 1993 Q45 (G50)

I like but since im picky here's what i would do.

-Take bodykit off its too ricey.-Make sprayed eyelids thinner(what paint did you use?I was some lol)-Not sure about the nissan emblem(how you do it interesting)

Other than that let's go crusing!!!What coilovers you got there?What paint you use for the eyelids?

well nice car looks better than mine lol.

REC

unknown007 wrote:I like but since im picky here's what i would do.

-Take bodykit off its too ricey.-Make sprayed eyelids thinner(what paint did you use?I was some lol)-Not sure about the nissan emblem(how you do it interesting)

Other than that let's go crusing!!!What coilovers you got there?What paint you use for the eyelids?

well nice car looks better than mine lol.
-If it was a cadillac I would remove the kit.......and its a japanese car so rice is in its blood.

-they were painted on when the car was painted, and they don't look as well being any thinner IMO.

-This car is made by nissan, thus the reason for the emblem. Trying to get the J-spec look if you know what I mean.

Damicci
Car: 1994 Q45/President

In Japan (J-SPEC) the car is still Infiniti.But I agree that was an ignorant way to send you here. We do respect you taste in modding your own vehicle but it won't be the same taste as in Building a VIP Car.

Still very clean car. What coilover are you running btw?

REC

Damicci wrote:In Japan (J-SPEC) the car is still Infiniti.But I agree that was an ignorant way to send you here. We do respect you taste in modding your own vehicle but it won't be the same taste as in Building a VIP Car.

Still very clean car. What coilover are you running btw?
Well i'm into stiff suspension not the soft VIP feel. Plus dropping 4000 in wheels just doesn't appeal to me at this time in my life. The coilovers are simply modded 300zx tein coilovers done by my machinist. I also have modded tein tie rods and stillen adjustable control arms. This car is super stiff and handles quite well. I built it for performance more then anything.
Modified by REC at 2:15 PM 7/28/2008

jltibbs
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

Yes, the overall was bad. Trust me, I made it clear that I was not happy. REC, you definitely have your own style, but some of the things you have done will be accepted here a lot quicker than the standard Q forum.

unknown007

REC wrote:
-If it was a cadillac I would remove the kit.......and its a japanese car so rice is in its blood.

-they were painted on when the car was painted, and they don't look as well being any thinner IMO.

-This car is made by nissan, thus the reason for the emblem. Trying to get the J-spec look if you know what I mean.
Yeah i like the emblem if i look at it a second time.Hey im taking your idea but how you do it?lol

I dont know about the eye lids it could be thinner i think.Full size pic?

The kit true but i think no kit would be better i just like the rear the front is ugly no offense but they got better kits.Again you car your taste wanna cruise?

REC

jltibbs wrote:Yes, the overall was bad. Trust me, I made it clear that I was not happy. REC, you definitely have your own style, but some of the things you have done will be accepted here a lot quicker than the standard Q forum.
Its not really my own thing its a west coast thing. If your car isn't done right with wheel flushness and such it will get clowned on especially at a show. Those guys q's over there in that forum would get laughed at hardcore if the showed up at any show on the west coast. I guess they just aren't into modified cars. Because having a ecu and lowering springs rolling on 17's on a huge car isn't considered modified over here. Its all good because I get all the respect in the world over here were it counts in my book. I hang out with tons of peeps in the nissan group with 510's,s13's-14's- skylines you name it and they all clown constantly on q45's that aren't bagged but my car is different and they like it and thats all I was really trying to say to them over there. It gets the respect from the majority in the tuner-drift group which isn't 30 middle aged men from the nico Q45 forum lol.

REC

unknown007 wrote:
Yeah i like the emblem if i look at it a second time.Hey im taking your idea but how you do it?lol

I dont know about the eye lids it could be thinner i think.Full size pic?

The kit true but i think no kit would be better i just like the rear the front is ugly no offense but they got better kits.Again you car your taste wanna cruise?
1. Its pretty easy just remove the factory emblem except the plastic backing that mounts to the underside of the hood and double-side tape the new emblem in its place.

2. I guess you would have to see them in person. I find the non-modded factorY lights on the 1990 model ugly as hell.

3. The only other kit for the front on the 1990 model are by junction produce and its like 1500+ just for a front bumper. The entire xenon kit was less then 600.00.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

REC wrote:
Its not really my own thing its a west coast thing. If your car isn't done right with wheel flushness and such it will get clowned on especially at a show. Those guys q's over there in that forum would get laughed at hardcore if the showed up at any show on the west coast. I guess they just aren't into modified cars. Because having a ecu and lowering springs rolling on 17's on a huge car isn't considered modified over here. Its all good because I get all the respect in the world over here were it counts in my book. I hang out with tons of peeps in the nissan group with 510's,s13's-14's- skylines you name it and they all clown constantly on q45's that aren't bagged but my car is different and they like it and thats all I was really trying to say to them over there. It gets the respect from the majority in the tuner-drift group which isn't 30 middle aged men from the nico Q45 forum lol.
Sounds like you're not trying to please yourself, you're trying to please a bunch of poser ricers.

I'm a 30-something and I'll put my prior non-bagged Q up against anything they own... As well as the rest of my garage.

Do this: Ask the next person who clowns on a non-bagged Q if they'd care to challenge me to an autocross or time attack: I'll drive Wes's (elwesso) Q45, they can drive their car. We'll see who the real "tuner" is.

All they care about is "hard parking" and looks.

BTW, there are several other kits besides Xenon and JP for the early G50.. they just don't sell well.

Visage, Sarona, Erebuni, Session, the V-Line and Raceon knockoffs, plus all the other JDM ones like JP, Impul, Junction Produce, Wald, Admiration, Wisesports, Aeropalace, Insurance, Mythos, Aimgain, ....(there are plenty).

Relax and try to learn, rather than being so defensive. We may not agree with your sense of "style", but we know our Q45's. Way better than your hard-parking buddies, anyway.

Side note, just so this doesn't seem so negative: I just noticed the Z32 brake swap - Good work. There's a simple upgrade that'll allow 350Z / G35 Brembo (huge) rotors, if you're interested. Paint those spacers black while you're in there.

jltibbs
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

REC wrote:. . . Because having a ecu and lowering springs rolling on 17's on a huge car isn't considered modified over here. . . .
I guess I'm in the clear since I just swapped into the 18" Murano wheels on Friday before the Import Alliance here in town.

REC

lololololo

Do this: Ask the next person who clowns on a non-bagged Q if they'd care to challenge me to an autocross or time attack: I'll drive Wes's (elwesso) Q45, they can drive their car. We'll see who the real "tuner" is.

lolololo hilarious......you should lay off the wacky stuff buddy....i'm in tears

unknown007

REC wrote:
1. Its pretty easy just remove the factory emblem except the plastic backing that mounts to the underside of the hood and double-side tape the new emblem in its place.

2. I guess you would have to see them in person. I find the non-modded factorY lights on the 1990 model ugly as hell.

3. The only other kit for the front on the 1990 model are by junction produce and its like 1500+ just for a front bumper. The entire xenon kit was less then 600.00.
I'll try that but now how in the world will i take off the infiniti name in the rear tails?lol

Wait i just realized you smoked it out to like 0% huh?Or what?

I know what your talking about but i mean like the eyelids you got look to big maybe not my taste but im planning on doing that or maybe custom making some and selling on here to the Stock Q45 owners lol.

The kit well thats true but still i wouldn't had put that in my taste but i still jealous you got it hahhaa.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

REC wrote:lolololo hilarious......you should lay off the wacky stuff buddy....i'm in tears
What's "hilarious" is a guy with no track time and minimal wrench time trying to change the subject.

Then again, I can't blame you - You've never ridden in or driven a fast, well set-up Q45.

BLACKonBLACK98

y'all both need to chill.

niether one of y'all is talking vip so its irrelevant. rec your car is interesting, but your "ppl say my drift car is cool" story means very little in a vip sub-forum. take compliments but don't bother justifying or pushing your style. thats not what this section is for.

azhitman... i don't know what your problem is. y'all obviously made it clear that you guys didn't care for his car and sent him this way. stop acting like a b***h and following him around.

AZhitman
Administrator

BLACKonBLACK98 wrote:azhitman... i don't know what your problem is. y'all obviously made it clear that you guys didn't care for his car and sent him this way. stop acting like a b***h and following him around.
Actually, if you'd read, I said nothing of the sort.

I don't like his disrespect, especially after I defended his punkass when the other guys jumped on his thread.

When people post retarded crap that they know nothing about, it creates misinformation.

I'll do as I please on this forum without your suggestions, thanks.

And anytime you're feeling thuggish, feel free to call me a "bltch" to my face, son.

BLACKonBLACK98

AZhitman wrote:Actually, if you'd read, I said nothing of the sort.

I don't like his disrespect, especially after I defended his punkass when the other guys jumped on his thread.

When people post retarded crap that they know nothing about, it creates misinformation.

yeah i went and found the other thread and you're right. my bad.
AZhitman wrote:I'll do as I please on this forum without your suggestions, thanks.

And anytime you're feeling thuggish, feel free to call me a "bltch" to my face, son.
yeah whatever tough guy. you could have left all this out... i'm not impressed with your ego or your status.

---

vip subforum was made for vip right? so why come over here even talkin about handling and racing. irrelevant.

AZhitman
Administrator

BLACKonBLACK98 wrote:

yeah i went and found the other thread and you're right. my bad.
All good. Done.
BLACKonBLACK98 wrote: yeah whatever tough guy. you could have left all this out... i'm not impressed with your ego or your status.
Good thing, I don't want you to be. No ego here.

Just don't type stuff you wouldn't say in person. I didn't do it to you, and I'll not be disrespected like that.

---
BLACKonBLACK98 wrote:vip subforum was made for vip right? so why come over here even talkin about handling and racing. irrelevant.
Because we moved this thread from Q45 General.

BLACKonBLACK98

word. i like the way you handled that (i was expecting a ban).

since you manned up so will i; i apologize for being loose with my words, especially since it was undeserved.

jltibbs
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

There's such hard love in this VIP sub forum. Wow. This Forum will be insane once it becomes more solid. "We're JDM tight yo!"

BLACKonBLACK98

this forum is strange (as far as vip forums go) because it seems to get a lot of spill over from the main sections.

i've already seen it a couple times, where something not even close to vip is grouped in just because its low or has big wheels.

i can respect most builds so it doesn't bother me that they get posted. what does bother me is that this is a pretty mainstream forum and everything is getting called vip by people that don't know any better. the blind follow the blind and next thing you know vip has lost the respect it deserves.

its true that it is not performance oriented at all but as far as styling mods you'd be hard pressed to find another genre that spends this amount of time, effort, and money building cars right now. getting grouped in with cheap cars on cheap wheels with corny paint jobs is misinformation.

DJButton
Car: 2010 Nissan 240sx

BlackonBack, I'll agree with you that REC's car is not VIP style, but I should also state that when a certain breed of cars is denominated by their style and style being what the beholder sees it as and no set rules to determine any of it... well you get the picture, it is quite plausible and not in the least inane to expect people to group non VIP cars with VIP cars, since a style in itself is a little bit different to each person. That being said, I do apologize for my run-on sentence, but I'm going to retire.

AZhitman
Administrator

BLACKonBLACK98 wrote:word. i like the way you handled that (i was expecting a ban).

since you manned up so will i; i apologize for being loose with my words, especially since it was undeserved.
Done and forgotten.
BLACKonBLACK98 wrote:getting grouped in with cheap cars on cheap wheels with corny paint jobs is misinformation.
Amen. Well-said.

...aaaaaaand, just for fun, my NON-VIP G50 (which I miss terribly). Loads of mods, but all for performance and reliability, not "style"....

Although I LOVED the 18" Q Premiums on it, and I was probably the first G50 owner to stuff 275's under the rear after rolling the fenders.

jltibbs
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

Quella

AZhitman
Administrator

She was a good ol' girl.

Lots of people don't know that car is almost immediately responsible for this entire forum being where it is today.

A story for another time...

jltibbs
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

I wish I could have bought her off of you last year.

D-Maxima
Car: HSV VQ Statesman 5000i

well this thread was an interesting read. i dont think id ever try to match it with the CEO of the whole site!

i never heard of VIP until i found this forum. since then ive done my own search on it because i find the style interesting and sexy as hell. i love the clean looks of all the VIP cars ive found

i may be wrong, but my take on it is luxury sedan, lowered and equiped (but not always) with a body kit/ front lip to look aggressive with large wheels and camber adjustments [/opinion]

Return to “VIP Forum”