Pics from rebuilding my two current cars...

A forum for the Nissan Armada, Infiniti QX56, and beginning in 2014, the Infiniti QX80
jonnydclark1
Car: 2011 G37x, 2007 QX56, 2001 Kawasaki Concours

I like cars but am too cheap to actually buy a nice one. I've never had a car loan and plan to keep it that way. My personal decision is to not pay more than 1-2 months net income for my vehicles and then I try to keep them 5 years. (Has worked well with Toyotas because reliability hasn't been an issue and I do my own work). I replaced my '97 4 Runner and 99 GS300 in the past 12 months and am very happy with performance. Not happy with the gas mileage and the jury is still out on reliability but I think I'll be fine. Have to trade something for the boost in performance right?

I don't have a dealer's license but you can buy from NC or GA insurance auctions without one. I live in SC and work a full time job so I end up shipping the vehicles but still have found pretty good deals. High bid on the QX was $1,700 but they wouldn't let it go for that. After a little back and forth I ended up at $3k with auction fees and shipping. Put about $3k plus 2 weeks of free time and it is good but not perfect. 07 with 120k 2wd

I went ahead and replaced the fuel pump while I had the front end off. Spent a little time pulling with the come-a-long but not much. Frame was straight thankfully, just a little of the inner fender had to be pulled.

2011 G37x with 44k miles. Definitely spent some time pulling and straightening on this one. Had to do some redneck pulling and made my own anchor in the concrete plus a 30 ton house jack to get the drivers rail down about 3/4". Painted them both in my back yard.

jonnydclark1
Car: 2011 G37x, 2007 QX56, 2001 Kawasaki Concours

Sorry about the stupid ads. Photobucket is driving me crazy. Where is a good place to store photos and get direct links? Anyway to use google drive or dropbox?

marctronixx

WOW these are impressive! 1700 for the QX?! wowowowowowwo...

wow brotha.... thank you for posting these and the story behind them. the Qx really didnt look too damaged..

PetitFrereArmada

You did that yourself?

That is incredible. Straightened that and painted in your backyard? Hey, I say congrats. You have some skills.

And about your story of never ever having a car payment, I know the economy hates you for being so smart, but that is the smartest thing ever for someone like you who can do it.

Share some more pictures if you wish.

Return to “Armada Forum / QX56 Forum / QX80 Forum”