Pics finally up! Took me long enough lol!

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
leeQX4
Car: 04 I35/03 G35

Well guys long overdue, I finally have pics up. If you would like to see more photos please visit my carpage Qx4 and G20 Enjoy!

honda_eater

wow

NISTECH

Badass looking ride Lee!!

leeQX4

Thanks for the compliments guys. The Qx4 has been like my significant other, so much time and money has been put into her to get her to par.

Outback
Car: Fishing,camping, offroading

Nice ride! Black is sharp.

usc45
Car: 2001 Mercedes W210 E55 AMG

very clean.black QX4's own :ylsuper got any pics of the custom nav setup?

silkk
Car: 94 B13, 89 S13, 07 S2000

very nice ride!

leeQX4

usc45 wrote:very clean.black QX4's own :ylsuper got any pics of the custom nav setup?

Yeah I do, but they don't look very nice. I had a custom fabrication done with fiberglass and it came out sloppy. I reverted back to stock head unit with crossovers and a eq. I sold that whole setup on ebay. Do a search for Rosen R6500 and that was my add on ebay user name thorodred. My next setup will be the kenwood excelron double din lcd screen and factory navigation dash. Hold tight! Let me know if you still want to see the ugly setup i had before.

jEzTeR
Car: 07 FX35 - 02 Altima 3.5se - 93 240sx Hatch

Very nice pair of Infiniti's you have there.That has to be the best looking QX4 I have ever seen.The G20 has a special place in my heart.You got to love the sr20de!

;)

usc45

leeqx4, not to jack this thread, but i'm planning on hooking up my two 12" subs along with the amp, but i still want to keep the stock headunit for now. i know about the rca signal adapter that lets you get the signal from the oem speaker wires, but will this hold up to a 1000w amp?

also, what size tires are you running? i have 275/45/20 and the front tires rub just a bit when it's fully turned.

leeQX4

usc45 wrote:leeqx4, not to jack this thread, but i'm planning on hooking up my two 12" subs along with the amp, but i still want to keep the stock headunit for now. i know about the rca signal adapter that lets you get the signal from the oem speaker wires, but will this hold up to a 1000w amp?

Sup usc45. I have my stock head unit in and i have a line converter connected to the head unit. I don't have my stock speakers in, I am using focals. I wouldn't hook up the stock speakers to the 1000w amp unless you want 4 blown stock bose speakers (and they are expensive to replace). The bose adapter or line adapter should just plug and play to the main head unit. Nothing should connect to your door speakers except the head unit. I had two 1001bd RF Amps and two HX2 Power 12 RF before I sold them and I just used the stock speakers for mids and highs. I say replace your stock speakers with louder door speakers and run them off a 150-300 amp and you will be fine.

Oh and to hi-jack my own thread. My new fake navi install will be the new touch screen kenwood excleron DDX7015 + kenwood navigation KNA-DV3100, 99 QX4 A/C climate controls, 01-03 QX4 navi bezel + and new hazard switch rear defroster buttons. I think this install will be sick! Once I have the 99 QX4 climate controls I will start my process. Here is a pic of the kenwood in-dash touch screen lcd:
usc45 wrote:also, what size tires are you running? i have 275/45/20 and the front tires rub just a bit when it's fully turned.

I am rubbing too. Nothing serious or major for me to roll my fenders or anything. If i see that my tires are wearing I will look into it and change tire sizes to 275-40-20 eventhough i don't want to.

usc45

thanks. i meant the 1000w amp just to power the subs. i want to leave the stock bose speakers and hu, just add the amp and subs. your new setup sounds sweet as hell! i like the idea of having the aftermarket screen in the oem bezel. very clean yet so many more features. that's gonna look sick.

leeQX4

usc45 wrote:thanks. i meant the 1000w amp just to power the subs. i want to leave the stock bose speakers and hu, just add the amp and subs. your new setup sounds sweet as hell! i like the idea of having the aftermarket screen in the oem bezel. very clean yet so many more features. that's gonna look sick.

Oh and definitely get a farad cap. I recommend a farad cap on any system no matter the setup pushing a 1000 or higher amp. My old system I sold to my cousin, learned that the hardway when he destroyed his battery and alternator in a 97 chevy blazer pushing two 1000watt amps and two 2000 watt speakers. When I was running a 1500bd to my subs, my interior lights (ALL) would dim when i had the stock head unit. I think if you don't upgrade your battery too, your alternator will take a hit. This also depending on if you have a high quality setup. I went with jl audio for the fact that the measily 500/1 can power a 12w7 and it's not messing with my electrical system, that and i have that huge farad cap.

usc45

thanks again. i'll be getting a 1 farad cap and an optima red top before i do this.

leeQX4

Hey usc45, I found an old picture of my stereo setup at night. Notice how i moved the climate controls down below the radio using the navi bezel. This is what the new install will look like with the new climate controls from the 99 QX4 muwahahahaha. The picture for some reason would not enlarge but, this should give you a little idea or ideas on what to do.

98qx4

hey lee, i saw your qx4 on cardomain and was immediately hooked. That exhaust is sweet. I have a 98 black qx4 and was wondering if i could put a similar system in mine, do you think it would work in a 98 if so where could i order something like that? Also the speaker on the drivers side door cuts in and out, i've consulted a few people and they say because of bose using an amp with each speaker i would have to replace them all, what should i do?

leeQX4

98qx4 wrote:hey lee, i saw your qx4 on cardomain and was immediately hooked. That exhaust is sweet. I have a 98 black qx4 and was wondering if i could put a similar system in mine, do you think it would work in a 98 if so where could i order something like that? Also the speaker on the drivers side door cuts in and out, i've consulted a few people and they say because of bose using an amp with each speaker i would have to replace them all, what should i do?

My exhaust is universal for each gen path/qx4 except the hardbodies i think. Basically my exhaust is chopped up all the way up to the transmission. All i did was added wider pipes, 2 race catalytic converters (welded on), new race muffler 1-2 (one -in-two out) removed second muffler, custom molded/welded pipes and hangers for a dual exhaust look and magnaflow resonated oval tips (otherwise my exhaust would be really loud). Probably a grand or more for exhaust, but that is me, there was some testing and rearranging first, plus i had stillen exhaust before. Actually this is my third exhaust on my QX4 :oface

Anyway for speakers, just replace everything. Bose is good for base but no mids or highs (for automobiles my opinion). I have focal components in my doors. oh, and the door speakers have built in amps on them (all of the door speakers). Don't know what to tell you, I didn't install my system, i had hurleys audio in VA do that for me.

Big-Lettuce
Car: Jesus Christ, my family, & recreational time.

I am very interested in the dual conversion, and live in Upper Marlboro, MD. if you would share any info about it you would make my day. Thank you in advance. "Actually let me define what I mean. . . Who did it, where are they located, or did you truly do this by hand?"

Mason319

Sweet QX Lee!!

What PIAA's did you run in the fog lights? (I'm looking for that xenon match to the headlights too).

leeQX4

Big-Lettuce wrote:I am very interested in the dual conversion, and live in Upper Marlboro, MD. if you would share any info about it you would make my day. Thank you in advance. "Actually let me define what I mean. . . Who did it, where are they located, or did you truly do this by hand?"

Sup Big-lettuce, i don't live to far from you. My grandparents live out in marlton. Anyway, the exhaust shop i went to is the well known Kelley's Mufflers in Brentwood/Bladensburg across from the lincoln cemetary. I used to go to kerneys racing shop, but after my stillen exhaust, i chose kelley's because i heard they do custom pipe bending. If you talk to Kevin and tell him the guy with the black Qx4 with rims, he knows who i am. They do Tahoes, impalas, escalades, expeditions, you name it they do it. The number is 301-864-1817.

Do you know anyone who would want to buy giovanna anzios 20"? I sold my qx4 about three weeks ago.

leeQX4

Mason319 wrote:Sweet QX Lee!!

What PIAA's did you run in the fog lights? (I'm looking for that xenon match to the headlights too).
Sup mason319-thanks for the compliment, the piaas are H3 Extreme Whites 55watts. They are about as close as you are going to get HID look unless you buy a hid conversion foglight kit.

Big-Lettuce
Car: Jesus Christ, my family, & recreational time.

O.k. leeQX4, I know Kelly down there I can tell you a good many years back when he did not have all that going on in the shop. Good to know though. Kelly has done work for me before, though have many other shops out there too. Last shop I had gone too was in Clinton. As for the wheels, PM me with with your price and vehicles you know they will fit other than the Nissan & related 6 lug trucks and I will see what I can do for you.

infinitish

Hi leeqx4 Dude let me give it to you BRAVO great stuff with your car. Bro, I need to know did u use to exhausts or one and sort of welded to pipes. I need to know exactly how u did it cuz i wanna do the same to my QX4. About the LCD, do u have the OEM navigation unit for the QX4? do u know where i can get it?. WHeels, how much are you asking for it?Thanks for your time and God bless

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”