picking up my new EX35 Dark Currant Stone and black laquer interior

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
michel
Car: 2008 fully loaded EX35 AWD Dark Currant and Stone interior

Next Wednesday is the pick up day. Man am I really looking forward to this one.

Originally, I ordered a Scarlet Silver with custom Wheat leather and Wood trim interior for mid-December delivery. Unfortunately, my EX and 46 others were damaged in a train derailment at the Montreal CN triage center.

My option was to wait 60 days for a replacement or pick from the current inventory. I decided to look at the available units and saw quite a few color combinations.

The Scarlet Silver is nowhere to be found as it is a special order color for Canada. Actually I don't think they will sell a lot of them as it is intended for older crowd. The slate blue is nowhere to found as well.

I did see a white ext. with custom Wheat and maple interior and although cream white will look good on some cars like the Acura TL, I find it looks like a girly car when it comes to the EX. In fact my dealers wife ordered one.

I was really anxious to see the interior Wheat color. Man was I disapointed. the leather looks cheap as it is all rippled. it also is a little too yellowish for my taste. the maple trim is great looking. better that the black lacquer which caterers to a younger audience but they made the mistake not to apply the maple on half of the door. so half is maple and the other half is black lacquer.

That being said I still believe the Dark Currant with Wheat and maple interior will be a killer combination.

The stone interior will sell a lot however I was disapointed to see how much grey/charcoal and black variations co-exist in the EX. the steering wheel is dark charcoal, the top dash is charcoal, the front dash is stone grey as well as part of th doors. the roof is neither stone neither wheat. they probably decided to go with a one color fits all. for the discriminating eye, it's a minus. I am surprised no car critics reported this in their evaluations, even though they were handed the production version, but then again where they?

I would strongly recommend Infiniti change the Steering wheel color for the same color as the top dash. thats my opinion. if you are skeptical, open the front door and back up a ward and count the number of colors and shades you see. you will get my point.

So I am going with the Dark Currant stone and black lacquer interior as a compromise. I will go see the Scarlet Silver when it arrives.

By the way, does of you that found the FX a little tight getting in and out the back doors will find the EX even more challenging. I measure 5ft10in and I had 2 inches of knee room left. you have to be 5ft3in and less to cross your legs in the back seat. the entrance is also challenging as you must wipe your behind on the wheel cover to swing yourself in. Thank god for the self healing paint as this area will be full of scratches.

Till then, I am preparing my garage as well. Since I saw Mark Boots garage - I am envious and motivated.

Ciao for now

mikec

Michel,

I picked up my girly white EX Yesterday and I love it. I traded in the same pearl white Murano for the EX. Colour is a matter of personal taste.

I'm still going through the learning curve but it's just great. I have to get used to a lot less storage space in the front cabin than the Murano.

So far it has exceeded my expectations.

Mike

techman01

In conclusion the upgraded leather isn't worth it?

I am going for a black outside with either charcoal inside or stone.

I can't make up my mind on the color...any opinion?

ThanksTech

michel

girly white is better than trashy red I guess.

Techman01 go for the stone interior. I saw it in the showroomand it is awesome.

Barry Zack

Michel:

What do you mean that the Wheat leather looks cheap as it is all rippled ?

Techman:

Why do you say that the upgraded leather isn't worth it ? What do you base that on ?

Zack

michel

I wanted the custom Wheat with maple trim real bad. it is only 450$ more + you get the coat hanger and the 18 inch tires. but when I saw a ready to deliver exterior white interior Wheat, I was disapointed with the texture of the leather. my MDX has much nicer custom leather. it is not stretched - it's loosely applied and rippled effect.

by the way, the stone interior you see on all car sites is for show only and if you look carefully you will notice the steering wheel is the same color as the dash. too bad Infiniti decided on a cheaper supplier.

Still happy with my choice.

In conclusion,I saw the Wheat and I didn't like it.

techman01

why did you choose the stone over charcoal michel?

And I never said the wheat leather was "cheap" michel did...and I dont like the color so I wouldnt get it.

Anyone else have opinion on black exterior with either stone or charcoal?

Thanks!Tech

Mark Booth

I also felt the Wheat interior was a bit too much on the yellow side. And for God's sake, whey did they use the same Wheat color on the steering wheel in those models? That is going to get really dirty/ugly in no time at all!

The "Wood" option is an additional $450 and it does not include the "Coat Hanger" on the back of the driver's seat. The Coat Hanger option is part of the Luxe Elite Package. The Luxe Elite package is $400 more than the Luxe Style Package. Both Luxe packages give you 18" wheels/tires and the AFS lighting system. For the extra $400 the Luxe Elite package gives you the Coat Hanger, premium stitching on the meter hood (Infiniti's site doesn't mention leather on the meter hood, just "Premium Stitching"... I suspect it might be a faux leather look)), and leather on the center console armrest, door panels and textured leather seat inserts.

I have yet to see an EX35 with the Luxe Elite Package.

Speaking of roof rails.... I think they really spoil the looks of the car.

Mark

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

michel wrote:Next Wednesday is the pick up day. Man am I really looking forward to this one.

Originally, I ordered a Scarlet Silver with custom Wheat leather and Wood trim interior for mid-December delivery. Unfortunately, my EX and 46 others were damaged in a train derailment at the Montreal CN triage center.

My option was to wait 60 days for a replacement or pick from the current inventory. I decided to look at the available units and saw quite a few color combinations.

The Scarlet Silver is nowhere to be found as it is a special order color for Canada. Actually I don't think they will sell a lot of them as it is intended for older crowd. The slate blue is nowhere to found as well.

I did see a white ext. with custom Wheat and maple interior and although cream white will look good on some cars like the Acura TL, I find it looks like a girly car when it comes to the EX. In fact my dealers wife ordered one.

I was really anxious to see the interior Wheat color. Man was I disapointed. the leather looks cheap as it is all rippled. it also is a little too yellowish for my taste. the maple trim is great looking. better that the black lacquer which caterers to a younger audience but they made the mistake not to apply the maple on half of the door. so half is maple and the other half is black lacquer.

That being said I still believe the Dark Currant with Wheat and maple interior will be a killer combination.

The stone interior will sell a lot however I was disapointed to see how much grey/charcoal and black variations co-exist in the EX. the steering wheel is dark charcoal, the top dash is charcoal, the front dash is stone grey as well as part of th doors. the roof is neither stone neither wheat. they probably decided to go with a one color fits all. for the discriminating eye, it's a minus. I am surprised no car critics reported this in their evaluations, even though they were handed the production version, but then again where they?

I would strongly recommend Infiniti change the Steering wheel color for the same color as the top dash. thats my opinion. if you are skeptical, open the front door and back up a ward and count the number of colors and shades you see. you will get my point.

So I am going with the Dark Currant stone and black lacquer interior as a compromise. I will go see the Scarlet Silver when it arrives.

By the way, does of you that found the FX a little tight getting in and out the back doors will find the EX even more challenging. I measure 5ft10in and I had 2 inches of knee room left. you have to be 5ft3in and less to cross your legs in the back seat. the entrance is also challenging as you must wipe your behind on the wheel cover to swing yourself in. Thank god for the self healing paint as this area will be full of scratches.

Till then, I am preparing my garage as well. Since I saw Mark Boots garage - I am envious and motivated.

Ciao for now
In my opinion, the Dark Currant looks sweeeeeeeet!!!

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”