picking a turbo for my car

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
cfinch

Im starting to piece together a turbo kit for my car and i am trying to figure out what turbo i should use. My goal is to push about 220-250 to the wheels . I got a t25 i can use but would it be too small ? should i go with a t3/t4 ? I wanna keep it relatively cheap but if i need to i will come out of pocket for the bigger turbo. Is it possible to get that much out of a t25 ? Anyone know of a good place that makes custom manifolds that could make me one for my car relatively cheap ? Where did you guys get yours from ? Should i attempt to make one myself ? Anyone done it themselves ? I can weld and i have half a brain so im sure i could figure it out but is it worth the effort? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

hannibal
Car: Red Line to Glenmont

The T25 is really too small. I think a T3 is the smallest turbo you should use. The T3/T4 turbo will get you about 240whp at 7 psi. Lotsa places will custom build a manifold for you. JGS is the only name I can think of right now. But search for "custom manifold" or something and you should find plenty of info...

TomsMR2
Car: cars.. etc

you should get a T78 :D

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

As far as used turbines go, a T3 is the smallest you should buy. Most should be good for about 14 psi before they become a complete heat pump. The turbine from a Z31 is a good choice. A T3/T4 or straight TO4 series turbine would be the best choice. You can find the T3/T4 online with an internal wastegate for about 800 bucks. Worth the extra cash in my eyes.

WD

s14det

I have a friend that is building a KA kit and is going to use a Turbo from a dodge mini van. It is a T04 type turbo. He got it off of ebay for $60. Was wondering if you guys think this is a good turbo for the KA!!! I have not a clue, becasue I am going the SR route.

I am Technoman
Car: ???

s14det wrote:I have a friend that is building a KA kit and is going to use a Turbo from a dodge mini van. It is a T04 type turbo. He got it off of ebay for $60. Was wondering if you guys think this is a good turbo for the KA!!! I have not a clue, becasue I am going the SR route.

Tell your friend to make sure the flange will line up to the manifold he uses.

Jays90240SX

s14det wrote:I have a friend that is building a KA kit and is going to use a Turbo from a dodge mini van. It is a T04 type turbo. He got it off of ebay for $60. Was wondering if you guys think this is a good turbo for the KA!!! I have not a clue, becasue I am going the SR route.

LOL!!!!!

If he is using the Turbo from the 2.2L Dodge Caravan, and the Shelby, and the Daytona, that is a .42 .48 AR for turbine and compressor, that thing is WAY SMALL, and will NOT be good for a KA, There's NO WAY that will make good power, it's just too small.

And it's not even a standard T3 flange. On a 2.4L, that's just WAY too small.

And it's a TE04H Not even close to the same as a T04.

Just an FYI incase the kit is for you.

Xero

so a RB26 or S15 T28 won't work? Too small? damn, looks like the Z31 turbo sounds good, though, and cheap :D

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”