Picked up a 2003 Pathfinder LE -- broken seat

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
Chris92SE
Car: 2017 QX30
2003 Pathfinder LE

A couple weeks ago, I picked up a 2003 LE. One owner, always garaged, well maintained (stack of receipts) even has the original window sticker.

Overall, it's in excellent shape for it's age and 170k. Everything works except the driver seat was stuck all the way back. I took it apart and found the nylon gear on the end of the motor drive (worm drive) was broken. I have it apart right now, but the entire unit on ebay is over $100 and I am not positive if the nylon gears for sale are the same. Some look different? Also, there is a seller with what looks like a used gear and some washers for $25.

Has anyone successfully replaced the gear? I really don't want to spend over $100 on something that may be under $25.

thanks

This is also third go round with an R50. I had a 2000 QX4, then quickly upgraded to a 2001 QX4. I owned those when they were relatively new. I also had a bunch of other Datsun/Nissan/Infiniti cars and SUVs.

RoyDaGeneral
Car: 2002 Infiniti QX4 2WD

If you're close to a junk yard, like pick-n-pull and they have your car, I'd go and see what you could find. I recently changed my seat covers using pick-n-pull. This weekend they have a special selling whole seats for $15 if you sign up for the free "Toolkit" membership. Otherwise, the whole seat sells for about $52. Junk yards are great training grounds too;)

Chris92SE
Car: 2017 QX30
2003 Pathfinder LE

I've spent a lot of time at the U Pull It (now Pick N Pull), after owning several older cars. None really that close -- about 100 miles away one has a QX4. I am going to try to hit that up hopefully soon. I am guessing any with nice seats will be taken out quick. I am hoping for torn up seats, where I can grab the "seat track with motor" which shows as being $28.99. It's just the four 14mm main seat bolts, two 10mm and eight phillips head screws.

my post was in hopes that someone here had just bought a part of ebay and I could have it shipped to my house instead of the trek to the yard.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Chris92SE wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:43 pm
...my post was in hopes that someone here had just bought a part of ebay and I could have it shipped to my house instead of the trek to the yard.
I've copied the first post in this thread to our Classifieds Section for you.
wtb-2003-pathfinder-le-drivers-seat-t626089.html

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”