Pick A Part, Monrovia

1962-1965 Datsun L320 and NL320 forums - The truck that started it all in the US. All 320-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
Parking Space
Car: 1964 Datsun Truck and 1962 Mercury Comet

What looks like a 65 320 rolled into Pick A Part in Monrovia Calif. on Wednesday. A mechanic friend of mine got the Master cylinders, which still had their fluids, and seem to be operable for me when it rolled on the lot. Engine was swapped out for a later model so the slave was of no use to me, not quite sure what year or size it was, as I did not have too much time to get the items and get home for other responsibilities. Badges, drive-shaft, hood and grill are gone as well as the steering wheel and all lights and buckets. But the fenders cab and bed are in good shape. Doors are there, minus the handles and window roller, all glass looks good. Dash is still there. I was too excited about the wheel find (below), that I forgot to see if the radio was original. Bench seat is intact, and looks like it could just be cleaned up. Sadly no crank behind the seat.

I went back today and got the three remaining original rims, with the little knobs that the hub caps hold onto, (hopefully some day I'll find the hub caps and put them to work.) The spare on Rosie is the same so that gives me four, and I can use one of the rims already on her for a spare, as nobody will see it, and it's going to be a spare after all. Later if I find another at a good price, well then I'll spend more money.

So anyone local, who needs a fender or the parts I've mentioned above, I don't know how long it will be there. But it was there as of 10AM this morning when I drove off with my finds, grinning from ear to ear.

Li'l Truckie
Car: 3 x '65 PL 320
1 x '64 PL 320
1 x '63 PL 320
1 x '62 PL 320 - parts :(
1 x '60 PLG-222
and many more Datsuns from 48hp to over 500hp

Unbelievable luck and excellent timing. Congrats on the find and much needed parts! :dblthumb:

Return to “Datsun 320”