Physical key works BCM not reading FOBs.

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
Iamdjozz
Car: 2008 Infiniti FX35 Base AWD

I’ve had my2008 FX35 for 12yrs and never had major issues, I honestly believe she’s a tank. But I parked her for a year and when I got to work on her I lost the original FOBs and keys. I have some new ones from Infinity and the key take the program but the FOBs are not. Immobilizer key indicator on the dash hasn’t flashed since. Anyone have this problem or have any idea what is going on. She does drive like a dream with the key to start it’s. Oh and she’s at 198,000 miles.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

I'm not an Infiniti guy, but from pics online it looks like the same setup as the older Rogues and Armadas where the hard key is RFID and the fob allows you to twist the key cylinder without the key. On those, if the hard keys are programmed properly you get the flashy icon with the car shut off, but if no key is recognized you get a solid icon with the ignition on (cylinder turned with the hard key) and nothing with the car shut off. The fob codes gets read in the same process that programs the the hard keys, and programming shouldn't complete unless the console antenna can read the fobs and both the BCM and ECM are online. So I'm sort of puzzled how you say the keys took the program but not the fobs, that shouldn't be possible. What tool are you using to program it?

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”