Phone charging when engine is off???

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
Xifas

In my old car I was able to charge my phone while the engine/ignition was turned off... for some reason I am not able to do the same with my new FX35... Is the FX35 not capable of doing this?

J-Owner
Car: 2010 FX35 owner and former owner of an '05 G35 Coupe and a '95 J30T.

I doubt it. My G35 coupe doesn't either. I can't remember about my J30 and Q45 before that. I don't think Infiniti has had retained charging for plug in items ever but not sure.

tdown

It usually depends on where the manufacturer decides whether the 12 volt outlets will get power from a constant 12 volt source or from the ignition being turned to the ACC or ON position. Most Nissans and Infinti's i've owned require the key be in the accessory position before the 12 volt outlet will get power. Some American cars ive owned get constant 12 volt power from the battery and will be able to charge anytime. This is bad if you leave something plugged in that can draw power from the battery when the car is unattended for too long. It can eventually drain the battery.

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”