Phantasy Star Online 2

PC, Game console and Online gaming discussion forum
asnorton44
Car: 2001 Infiniti QX4

Definitely gonna have to get this one :biggrin: Looks like it is gonna be PC only, anyone else played the original on DC?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcE1ZMt- ... r_embedded[/youtube]

BusyBadger
Car: '92 Nissan 240SX
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

Never played it on the Dream Cast, but I did play it when it was released for the original Xbox and I loved it. The new Phantasy Star Universe was nowhere near as good as the original title on the box...looking forward to the new incarnation.

I would love to see it come out on the 360, because if I'm playing a new MMO on the PC it would end up being Star Wars: The Old Republic - which I'd also love to see out for the 360. That universe is far richer than anything Lucas has done since the original trilogy.

asnorton44

I am hoping SEGA can keep up with the constant attempts to hack/exploit the game.

BusyBadger
Car: '92 Nissan 240SX
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

asnorton44 wrote:I am hoping SEGA can keep up with the constant attempts to hack/exploit the game.
Yeah, I'm can't say about the DreamCast, but there was a huge issue on the Xbox with players cloning/duplicating items.

asnorton44

Yeah I think that was a glitch in the game so SEGA couldn't patch it or something. PC will be nice so you can roll out updates but I feel like it's gonna be a war between SEGA and the hackers.

s0m3th1ngAZ
Car: 96' Miata
2014 Focus ST

I remember PSO being as bad as Open B.net for Diablo2...

ProudNissanFreak
Car: 2005 Imaginary WRX STi, 2003 Civic

I skipped to the combat part, but it seems pretty bland and generic? All the moves look the same, environment is kinda bland as well :o

redtop91
Car: ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A Start

asnorton44 wrote: anyone else played the original on DC?
Most definitely. Even played online until the day Sega finally took the servers down then switched to the Gamecube version for awhile hahaha. Come to think of it I've owned PSO on every medium it was ever released on. Probably my favorite game of all time. The countless hours spent reading MAG feeding charts, with MAG timers... and nothing at all beats the feeling of killing a boss or wild enemy and seeing that red box on the floor. So f*** legit haha

asnorton44

redtop91 wrote:
asnorton44 wrote: anyone else played the original on DC?
Most definitely. Even played online until the day Sega finally took the servers down then switched to the Gamecube version for awhile hahaha. Come to think of it I've owned PSO on every medium it was ever released on. Probably my favorite game of all time. The countless hours spent reading MAG feeding charts, with MAG timers... and nothing at all beats the feeling of killing a boss or wild enemy and seeing that red box on the floor. So f**king legit haha
Have you tried Blue Burst? That's the only one I didn't play. I think it's just a port of the Xbox version though.

Return to “Gaming”