PEZi303's picture thread

1980-1986 Datsun 720 forums. All 720-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
PEZi
Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX Mitsubishi Racing Edition

fukinitupagain wrote:Nice 720, not normally my style, being lowered & all but nicely done. I do have aquestion though why'd you paint it. Don't get me wrong I'm a sucker for flat black (seriously) but the paint & body looked good before? Was it just an asthetic appeal?
it was more or less a change of pace thing... i didn't like all the flash it had and it was attracting too much attention... looking back on it now i would have left the silver and made the stripes and chrome flat black... oh well

both paint jobs were better than the original though... it was flat white and rust lol
Kira-Hachi wrote:I like the engine setup, it's clean and simple. Question: What's the coldest temperature you have driven with that air cleaner setup? I'm wondering because I heard carbs tend to be tempermental in colder weather, and if I went that route I would end up with a engine that won't turn over come winter time.(Every car I've owned has been EFI ...)
well temperamental is an understatement. even when its 80 degrees F out... i have to warm it up 5 minutes before driving it. to answer your question though... i have driven it at -17 F with the radiator completely blocked off. i found that having different sized 'block off' pieces will allow you to run at almost any temp... you just gotta experiment and see what sizes work at what temps

Kira-Hachi
Car: 1990 Sileighty / 1986 720 KingCab

Well, unluckily we hit -40F here, so there could be a lot of swearing come winter time.

PEZi

its hard to make carb'd cars run in the cold for sure... -40 might be too intense i'm not sure

teyito1
Car: 91 nissan pick up 4X4

Hey! your ride is nice. i used to have one of those, hey quick question, i have a 91 4X4 standar 4Cyl. nissan and i want to know how to lower the suspension on the front and back beacause the suspension its too rough coul you help? please

PEZi

well it will be more rough if you lower it... in the front to loosen the torsion bar anchor bolts to the desired height... in the rear (if your leaf is below the axle) you use a drop block... if its above the axle you take it to a springs shop and get the leafs re-arched

Return to “Datsun 720”