Petition to legalize importation of Nissan Skylines

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
Whitenight79
Car: Nissan Skyline, all makes and models

This is a new petition i started to legalize the importation of Nissan Skylines to the U.S. please review and sign if you want your voice to be heard.

Here are the guidelines when I submitted my petition:

You now have 30 days to get 25,000 signatures in order for your petition
to be reviewed by the White House. Until your petition has 150 signatures,
it will only be available from the following URL and will not be publicly
viewable on the Open Petitions section of We the People

PASS THIS ALONG TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW SO WE CAN GET 25,000 SIGNATURES

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

This again? Please resonate some understanding, THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT DOES NOT GIVE A DAMN!

Federal authorities strip people of land and property regularly, imprison them for whatever strikes their fancy, put people on shadowy lists that restrict their ability to travel freely with no recourse, they kill people with impunity, they lie straight to our faces daily and you honestly think a bunch of signatures about a friggin Japanese car means s*** to them?

Wait, scratch that. Do you really think they even noticed that this niche car, important to maybe 50,000 people total, even existed? They are buying and selling our very lives for entertainment and you expect them to stop the mass rape of our future as a country and a people long enough to laugh at your petition? Wow....

It might be better to confront the presidential candidates on the campaign trail and ask them to weigh in on "no Skyline left behind."

Whitenight79
Car: Nissan Skyline, all makes and models

your negative attitude isn't welcome here....if you have nothing positive to add then don't waste your time trying to hinder my efforts.....your exactly what the world wants you to be

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

While he's is going a bit colorful he is correct in that the Gov does not care and they are not going to change their regulations no matter how many petitions are started. Too much pie in the face at this point. Might as well wait for the 25-year rule on those vehicles.

Good luck tho.

themadscientist

Whitenight79 wrote:your exactly what the world wants you to be
It's "you're" and you have no clue about me so don't compound naivete with such delusion.

What I said, while more colorful than necessary, was completely true. It sucks that the government has seen fit to "protect us" from the evil imports, but no petition will change that. People cannot get traction on real issues even when they shut down Wall Street or the mall in D.C. standing right on the capitol steps.

Since you seem to fancy yourself a radical freedom fighter perhaps you might apply your meager voice towards real issues and just wait for 2014 to get your(see, that's when we use the possessive form) Skyline.

Be sure to show your credentials as a rebel with the suburban uniform.

Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

Whitenight79 wrote:your negative attitude isn't welcome here....if you have nothing positive to add then don't waste your time trying to hinder my efforts.....your exactly what the world wants you to be
Your efforts? What, you started an online petition? Bet that broke a sweat, didn't it?
Since this has already been tried by someone with a LOT more stroke than you, if you can come back with more than 15k in signatures before the final week, I'll sign it just to humor you.

You need cash...lots of it...before anyone is even going to bat an eyelash at getting the importation regulations of the Skyline softened up or changed.

But, don't hold your breath. I'm about 99.8% certain you'll barely scratch the surface to break 15k in signatures.

Remember, we've been here for years. We've tried giving everyone the most current and up-to-date information on the importation process as possible. Hell, we have a member here who's worked for MotorEx and know probably knows more about the whole import process than just about anyone, so forgive our apprehension on the subject. You can only get asked the exact same questions or told that "You don't have any idea what things I can import. I've brought in tons of Skylines and they all have titles, because state title means it's legal. Federal laws don't apply to importing" before you quit being nice and just give the facts in a more colorful manner.

Besides...what's the big deal. It's not that great of a car.

themadscientist

And he should know, he has an R33, ewww!

Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

:slap:

themadscientist

Hate, hate hate hate hate. :chuckle:

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”