Personalizing your G35

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
mayaworld

After 3 months of driving my G35 Sedan, I'm a little disappointed!:( Living in Southern Cali, you see your share of BMW's and Mercedes Benz sitting in traffic but now all I see are G35's. The car is such a delight to look at that the only thing I see to make it more my "G" are 19 or 20's. Does anybody else notice more G35 around your neighborhood and what kind of modifacations have you made to your cars? Any links with pictures would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

Checkered-Member
Car: 1998 Nissan Altima(modded), 2003 Audi A6 2.7T(stock)

Well I see allot of cars with rims like you said 19-20” tint, lowered, the guy up the street has custom exhausts, he has resonators so its deep and not that loud.

There are allot of things you can do, start with rims wider tires, tint, lowering kit, some audio done.

There is a wide selection of body kits.

there are some performance upgrades (intake, headers) or a supercharger is you want serious performance

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

There isn't much out there yet, especially for the sedan. You could always add a body kit, there are a couple decent looking ones out there. Then of course upgrade to 19 or 20's.

I have noticed alot more G sedans around here too. I didn't see many there for awhile, but now they seem to be everywhere. I'm just glad that the coupes are still rare enough that I don't have to worry about trying to make my car look more individualized.

vq35de
Car: G35 Sedan Leather 6MT

what do you mean, not alot out there for the sedan? Every performance upgrade available for the 350z will fit on the sedan, although some will take minor fab work

Stillen has like 15 pages of stuff on their website for the sedan.

mayaworld

Thanks for the reply guys! vq35de said that upgrades for the 350z will fit on the sedan. Is this correct? What about parts from the Skyline from Japan? Thanks again for all replys.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Engine upgrades many of them can be expected to fit best to ask vendor as well.

One of our sponsors Grubbs Infiniti has been spending a lot of tiem on their G35 upgrade page.http://www.infinitiwholesaleparts.com/en_US/

Also Stillen is always good for performance upgrades.

Fred..:)

GeeThreeFive

Do we get any kind of NICO discount at Grubbs?

Is Stillen a better performance upgrade that Injen?

PalmerWMD

GeeThreeFive wrote:1)Do we get any kind of NICO discount at Grubbs?2)Stillen?

1)We do on parts just like we do with scottsdale who have been doing this for a while as well.Pinnacle has same deal.On performance parts I dont know if we do.2) Stillen is not cheap, but their stuff always works and fits well.3) I think the most attrctice performance upgrade I can think of for G35 is the S/C Grubbs is currently offering.Turns the car from merely fast into "hard-as-nails".

Fred....:ylsuper

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

Yeah, I want that supercharger. I just need a few extra grand to toss around. I have other things to do first, plenum, exhaust, headers, 7-wire grounding kit, etc... . I still haven't even got my windows tinted yet. I really need to get on the ball here.

Shock Wave

I see a ton of sedans around but not that many coupes and ive been looking. As for mods I really dont look for them all that much, but I do look at the rims and have noticed mostly stock.

GeeThreeFive

I personalized mine.

SoCalTed
Car: '03.5 G35 Sedan

Check my Member's Ride, or for more specifics and pixes, click on the "MODS" link in my signature...

Cheers, Ted

SoCalTed

mayaworld wrote:Thanks for the reply guys! vq35de said that upgrades for the 350z will fit on the sedan. Is this correct? What about parts from the Skyline from Japan? Thanks again for all replys.

If you need Skyline parts (OEM / JDM) give Kazu a shout at:[email protected] -- GRAHAM MOTORS (JAPANPARTS.COM)

He's in Tokyo, so there is a time lag of about 18 hours, but he is very responsive and will provide pricing via email. V35 parts fit the G35 for the most part. We warned though, that they will not take responsibility for a non-fit...like the right side battery compartment, it does not match up perfectly and requires a cut and drill if you want it perfect.

Cheers, Ted

SoCalTed

One more thing...if you call Stillen for the first time, you will be stuck with whomever they transfer you to as your saleperson for life. If they turn out to be a dork, sorry, you are stuck with that person.

i would recommend working with Adam or Shawn.

Adam Hume (he's the guy I work with) can be reached at:800-576-2131 ext# 138 . . . . he knows what he's talking about. I'm local to Stillen and have met many of their folks. Some are great! Some have a few things to learn about customer service.

Cheers, Ted

PalmerWMD

Grubbs also has a lot of nice upgrades:http://www.infinitiwholesaleparts.com/en_US/

Joe, what about you guys?

Fred...:)

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”