perkins diesel into an old datsun....am I crazy?

1965-1971 Datsun 521 forums. All 520 and 521 topics and discussion can be found here.
dreamcrusher

I learned to drive in a 1971 datsun truck. I have always had a certain affection for this truck and have been searching for a nice one for the last few years. The trouble here in the NW is the rain...not many old trucks without major rust issues. Recently I was pulling out of my driveway and I yeild to a mini van towing a SWEET datsun truck, I said to myself...that guy made one lucky find, as the truck was garage kept all it's life...straight and clean! I was going the same way as the tow and saw them turn into the crushing yard...and I think....noway are they going to crush this beauty...someone there will see the value and snatch it up! The next day I drive by the yard and see that sweet little truck about the quarted size that is was the day before....I was crushed! So now I am more determined than ever to find one of these. so my big question is..I have a source for a 50 hp perkins diesel that I could drop into one of these old trucks...i know guys have put v8's into these...so why not a small diesel? any help will be greatly appreciated.Tom.

seang
Car: Ford Fiesta ST

If the diesel engine comes with a transmission, then it would be far more fathomable.

Return to “Datsun 520 / 521”