Perhaps Another Infiniti?

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
Nosser25rs
Car: Autocross, Mechanics, Billiards, Beer

I have been shopping for a replacement for my 91 Q for a few weeks with the intention of returning to my sports coupe roots, but I have not really been satisfied with the cars that I have been driving (Celica GT-S, RSX, etc.).

The prices on used I30s are very attractive, apperently falling victim to the classically poor Infiniti resale values that got me into the Q in the first place. Although I know I will be saddled with an automatic, the value that the I seems to represent may be adequate to justify the accomodation.

The real question I have lies in the VQs long term reliabilty. While the VG proved to be as sturdy as a tank, I am looking at buying a VQ car very early-on in the engine's production cylcle, and having been burned on the chain-guide issue with early production VH45s, I do not want to find myself in a similar situation with the I30. Could anyone with a real feel for the strengths of the VQs help to convince me that this is the best way to go?

Also, any input as to the ownership experience you VQ owners have had would be greatly appreciated.

theTony
Car: umm.....Cars??

I have been a VQ driver for exactly a year tomorrow and I am so far impressed with the reliability and performance. I am not aware of any real problems with older (3.0) VQ engines but they have been rated as sturdy and reliable while being a performance powerhouse. IMO, this engine is one of the best Nissan engines ever produced and one of the best v-6's anywhere

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

VQ's have no known weaknesses in stock form.

Fred...:)

Jesda

Rock. Solid.

Even the old VGs!

Und3rprshUr
Car: My 300Z

Don't think nissan would replace the old "tank" VG for something that will not hold up to the same standards.

I'm behind it and also looking to buy a 13,000 mile 2002 I35- Then i can put on that P.I.M.P song from 50Cent and pimp it hard. ;)

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”