Performance Upgrades For 2006 M45 Sport?

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
M45 Lover

Hey guys, obviously I love my M45 but I am looking to find out what performance upgrades I can do on mine to squeeze some more HP out of it?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

Well, it's pretty much optimized now for engine performance with the many different types of fuel formulations we have across this country. If money is no object, you can look at Impul as a source for well engineered and consquently expensive engine upgrade parts. Probably won't be too long before they offer a true dual exhaust system.

The best performance upgrades would be in the brakes as this is where Nissan saves money for the rest of the car. No gain is to be had as a daily driver except perhaps less frequent rotor truing. If you drive harder, down mountain passes, or brake from high speeds frquently, Brembo, Endless, AP RAcing and Stoptech will be glad to equip your car to handle it. Once again, not cheap.

There was a company that offered superchargers for the VK45DE at one time, but as I saw a couple of these go through my local dealer's lot with low mileage, I came to suspect their reliability or drivability.

Be patient and I am sure some more goodies will be forthcoming as the F50 Q45 never sold that well and most FX45 drivers were happy with their performance for a cross-over.

Welcome to the club and be sure to give us your impressions of your new car, and post pictures in the Member's Rides Gallery forum.
Modified by maxnix at 7:19 PM 7/24/2005

TXSJaybird

45 Lover,

Post your pics! Give us guys in the waiting line something to salivate over.....

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

M45 Lover wrote:Hey guys, obviously I love my M45 but I am looking to find out what performance upgrades I can do on mine to squeeze some more HP out of it?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Welcome to NICO, M45 Lover! Please do post pictures of your car in the Members Rides forum so that we can all drool over it.

In addition to maxnix's observations, I suspect that there aren't a whole lot of upgrades available ... yet! The car was formally released/sold in Feb of this year.

Plus, I would imagine that people looking to do upgrades are either doing them to the M35 or, more likely, the Nissan 350Z, which has been out for a while. It will be nice if we see a clean supercharger or turbocharger kit down the road for the 2006 M45! I just hope that they make it backwards compatible with my 2003 M45, although I have to admit I am quite happy with the performance as is!

Again, welcome! Thanks for joining and please do be a frequent reader/contributor here.

Z

M45 Lover

Hey guys, thanks for the quick reply

I saw the M45 Sport at the Toronto Car show and knew right away that was the car I wanted. I called my dealer and told him I wanted the exact one that was on the show floor... He called around and found one that just arrived off the train in Toronto (came from Vancouver). I told him great, deliver the car...

Apparently I was one of the first in Canada to receive my car as a couple of my buddies are on 6 week waiting lists.

I love the vehicle, it's got every toy imaginable and loaded with great features. Everyday I find a new toy in the car I didn't know existed

I have the bluetooth hooked up to my cell phone and it's incredible!

Here is a pic of the vehicle when I first picked it up,

I've had it for about 2-3 months now. The only thing I wish the car had was a little more pickup, I am a bit spoiled as my old car was a Audi S4 Twin Turbo AWD. I was test driving BMW M5's when I decided to buy the M45 so you can see why I would like a little more performance

Anyways thanks guys!

DAEDALUS
Car: 1990 Q45

BEAUTIFUL! With the sales success I am confident there will be an aftermarket selection not too long from now. The difficulty will be in where to put things. But with enough time and/or money, you can have what you want.

szh

Beautiful car! Infiniti has a hit on its hands for sure.

I have to admit that I originally liked the unique looks of my older M45 better, but the more I see of the new M45 and M35 actually on the road, the more I find them equally stunning!

Very, very nice indeed! That color is awesome. Congratulations, and please do post about your driving impressions when you get a chance.

Z

350zQ45a
Car: 350Z, Q45A

Sad to say there is 0 aftermarket for the VK45 and probably will never be, until the engine goes into something more popular and aftermarket orietened like the Z or G35.

Too bad Kryliean (SP?) is defunct they could easily adapt their old Q45 s/c to the M, and that was pushing 450 HP with no ecu or exhaust mods.

szh

350zQ45a wrote:Sad to say there is 0 aftermarket for the VK45 and probably will never be, until the engine goes into something more popular and aftermarket orietened like the Z or G35.
That may well end up being true, although the sales success of the M45 might change that in the future!

FWIW, I think that most M45 buyers will be perfectly happy with what they get in a stock M45. It is more expensive than the Z or G35 and less likely to be purchased by people who have the time to go for mods.

Yes, there will be some exceptions, of course, like the original poster in this thread. But, like we have said many times in all these threads (so let's stop repeating ourselves now ) those who want to mod for sure, will probably get the M35 or 350Z.

Quote »Too bad Kryliean (SP?) is defunct they could easily adapt their old Q45 s/c to the M, and that was pushing 450 HP with no ecu or exhaust mods.[/quote]Keuylian Motors. Yes, their demise is unfortunate.

Z

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”