Performance suspension for 93 convertible??

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
Topless240

I noticed that some companies list performance springs and shocks but say "excludes convertibles". Is there anyone that makes a kit for convertibles?? What is so different about the convertibles anyways. I tried a search but hardly anyone talks about modifying a convertible.... :thinker

Thanks, David

240_Keyy
Car: '90 240 Fastback

no offense but the reason is because the convertivles have about as much structural integrity as either a limp weiner or a bucket of soapy water with bubbles in it.

I dunno if the geometry is changed or anything like that, I think it is more about the rigidity...

Topless240

I will probably get flamed for this but I bought the car as a commuter. I really have no intention of racing it. I do however hate the stock ride height which is why I am trying to find lowering springs. Does anyone make them for the convertible???

240_Keyy
Car: '90 240 Fastback

no way dude, we won't flame you, at least you aren't driving a Civic :D

I honestly don't know what to tell you about a convertible though...

240Degrees

i saw this guy on cardomain:

http://www.cardomain.com/id/toddnappi

Ask him how he lowered his vert.

Topless240

Thanks 240Degrees, I will check it out. I hope he doesn't say cut stock springs...:thinker

If anyone does know of a kit please let me know. David

Exar-Kun
Car: 2005 350Z

I would check out enjuku racing and e-mail them, ken has always been helpfull for me in finding the parts I need.

also, look into a do-luck rear cross-bar to elp with the lack or roof chassis flex thing going on.-chet

Topless240

Thanks Chet, I will check them out as well. I know both a front and rear strut bar will help with the chassis flex issue so those are one of the parts on my list. David

gruntzz
Car: '92 240SX Convertible and '95 Pickup

This is the problem... The S13 is a Japanese made chassis, the convertible is as American as our car gets. It is a Coupe that was refitted in the U.S. Nissan plant. That is why you won't see a convertible S13 (92-94) outside of the U.S. except for custom jobs. Suspension, or for that matter any parts that fit a Coupe will fit our car. The manufacturers of suspension parts will not cover those for the convertible for liability. If you really want the laid low look consider 13" or 14" wheels with low profile tires. If you want the suspension tuned and ultimately the steering tight you have to strengthen the frame... strut bars upper/lower front/back, roll cage, and I don't remember who or where but I saw a support beam that mounts behind the seats across the floor to give central lateral support. Here is a web site that outlines some of the major differences in the S13 from different countries: http://www.emergent.com.au/200sx/faq_1.html

Topless240

Nice feedback Gruntzz, I will check that website. Now it makes sense why I am seeing lowered convertibles even though the suspension manufacturers say no. David

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”