People from Indiana, I need some help

Including IL, IN, KY, TN, MI, and OH
XTCshri2222
Car: 1978 Datsun 280z L28ET Powered
1991 S13 Ca18det coupe - sold

Hey all, I'm going to be moving from Jersey to Bloomington Indiana in a few months. I know nothing about motor vehicle laws over there, I've searched google and the BMV site, there isn't much information. I got a heavily modified 1978 Datsun 280z running a l28et turbo motor, no cat etc..looks stock-ish on the outside and my 2011 Cruze DD.

Does IN have inspection, exhaust laws/ emissions regulations? How are the police at enforcing these regulations if there are any? What should I worry about, and is there exemptions for historic cars/25yrs or older? In Jersey I have QQ Historic registration that exempts me from all motor vehicle inspections.

And lastly, where do I go to start having a life as in meets etc..? I'm moving there with my fiance, she is going to be doing her masters at ISU, i might as well so i'll be living there for at least 3yrs.

Oh also If anyone has any contacts with any dealers looking for a parts manager let me know, I am totally unfamiliar with IN. I got 10yrs exp in commercial/retail parts sales , ASE, Certs in Auto body, A.S degree, a B.A degree as well, I'll be transferring to Bloomington area with my current employer but I would like a change, I've worked at my current job for 8yrs.

Thanks in advance for any help!

-Shri

z74z90

No inspections that I am aware of except in 3 counties in Northwest Indiana. Check out http://www.indyzcarclub.org. as the only organized Z club in Indiana affiliated with the ZCCA.

Return to “Central Region”