Pedal Commander PC51 For Nissan and Infiniti Vehicles

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
TeamQX56
Car: Infiniti QX56

Well guys, has anyone done this upgrade to there M yet? If so, please share your thoughts and experiences...
Thanks

Pedal Commander PC51 For Nissan and Infiniti Vehicles

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Never heard of it. What does it do?

TeamQX56

My apologies, for those of you that don't know about this product, here is a link to there web site...

https://pedalcommander.com/products/ped ... ase~qj_5-6

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

At $300, might as well go big or go home and get UpRev and get tunes for those settings. For example, my 5 maps are: stock, security, performance, eco and valet.

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

That site doesn't list any M series or QX series. Also is not compatible with adaptive cruise control.

Ilya

Larz wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:46 am
Also is not compatible with adaptive cruise control.
Where as UpRev has no issues.

I say UpRev or go home...:)

attila
Car: 2012 M37X

I did you all a big favor and bought this thing. It IS available for the M37. Already did an Uprev tune two years ago, have an AEM cold air intake and Stillen mufflers. That's it for power modifications. Uprev tune was good for 22 additional HP at the wheels. This thing is compatible with an Uprev tune as well as with the stock tune. It does not change the programming in the brain box. It only changes the gas pedal wire signal going into the ECU.

Basically what this thing does is lets you program how aggressively the throttle bodies open relative to how much pedal you give it.

It has 4 modes - Eco, Street, Sport and Sport+. Within each mode are 9 minor adjustments - base setting, 4 up (more aggressive) and 4 down (less aggressive).

It does not give you more power, but absolutely does make your car more responsive depending on how you program it. Settings can be changed using your cell phone while on the fly.

Installation is brainless, plug and play. It bypasses the wires coming out of the gas pedal.

For people frustrated by the sluggish throttle/shifting action of the M37 in around town driving (even in sport mode)- it WILL let you get around that to a large extent. Not perfect, but it helps a whole bunch.

Sport+ mode on this unit is certifiably insane and not suitable for around town driving. It is great fun on the highway in heavy, fast moving traffic. Light pedal push gives you 80% throttle and acts like you floored it to change lanes.

According to the instructions, the unit disengages when you use cruise control - although I have not tried that yet. You can also shut the thing off completely if you want.

I ordered on a Sunday. Unit shipped Monday from Cali and I had it in my hands in Chicago area on Wednesday. $300 bucks and you can return it if you don't like it.

Ilya

Hmm, interesting. Thanks for posting about it here, may it help others decide.

TeamQX56

:dblthumb: :dblthumb: :dblthumb:

Yoda's Master
Car: 2012 M56
2009 370z

So does this work?

AeroM37S
Car: 2012 Infiniti M37S
Pedal Commander

I installed the Pedal Commander on my 2012 M37S. The throttle response is amazing! It's like driving a whole new car. I get no more Nissan/Infiniti hesitation anymore. Many settings to choose from, I use the city driving. PC has discounts for holidays if you don't want to dish out the $300.

Yoda's Master
2009 370z

AeroM37S wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:47 am
I installed the Pedal Commander on my 2012 M37S. The throttle response is amazing! It's like driving a whole new car. I get no more Nissan/Infiniti hesitation anymore. Many settings to choose from, I use the city driving. PC has discounts for holidays if you don't want to dish out the $300.
Welcome to the forum.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but your response sounds like talking points. I'm glad it's working well for you, and yes, the $300 price point is a bit steep, but I have a $25 off coupon :biggrin:

I would like to get a proper tune, but i don't have the time to get it done so this is likely what I'll be doing for the time.

AeroM37S
Car: 2012 Infiniti M37S
Pedal Commander

@Yoda's Master I don't understand what you're implying. People were inquiring about the Pedal Commander and I was telling my experience with it. Your assumptions are weak.

Ilya

AeroM37S wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:17 pm
@Yoda's Master I don't understand what you're implying. People were inquiring about the Pedal Commander and I was telling my experience with it. Your assumptions are weak.
Not only his assumptions but mine as well. We're more than happy to hear any in-depth analysis that you can provide but your post didn't really help sell the kit or get me off the fence on it. Personally, I think it's like those 'chips' you see on eBay...I consider it snake oil until I see otherwise.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

One of my coworkers has one in a hot-rod Mini and he raves about it. I can see the point of the thing for certain drivers and certain cars, although all it's really doing is manipulating the APP signal from a straight line into an arbitrary curve. The Eco mode is probably great for drivers with twitchy feet, I bet they'd pay for it in a year just slowing pedal response so the engine doesn't blip with every twitch. Attila is right about the Sport+ mode, it's hairy but I could see it being very useful in heavy traffic. I haven't measured the output, but it seems to be a bell curve, bunching all the pedal movement just above the "cruise" point with very little movement at the bottom or top. That could also be useful if you have a slow-spooling turbo or laggy sup. So I suppose if your driving style is either very aggressive or very passive, it might be worth the bucks. Myself, for $100 I'd try it out, for $300 it's a nope.

Yoda's Master
2009 370z

VStar650CL wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:06 pm
One of my coworkers has one in a hot-rod Mini and he raves about it. I can see the point of the thing for certain drivers and certain cars, although all it's really doing is manipulating the APP signal from a straight line into an arbitrary curve. The Eco mode is probably great for drivers with twitchy feet, I bet they'd pay for it in a year just slowing pedal response so the engine doesn't blip with every twitch. Attila is right about the Sport+ mode, it's hairy but I could see it being very useful in heavy traffic. I haven't measured the output, but it seems to be a bell curve, bunching all the pedal movement just above the "cruise" point with very little movement at the bottom or top. That could also be useful if you have a slow-spooling turbo or laggy sup. So I suppose if your driving style is either very aggressive or very passive, it might be worth the bucks. Myself, for $100 I'd try it out, for $300 it's a nope.
I can see this being very useful in traffic when you see a spot open up. I still prefer the throttle cables being directly connected to the pedal so i don't need to shell out more money to make the car respond like it should.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Yoda's Master wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:34 pm
I still prefer the throttle cables being directly connected to the pedal so i don't need to shell out more money to make the car respond like it should.
Good luck with that. It won't be long before everything with a throttle cable is literally antique. :chuckle:

Brian35XR
Car: 2011 Infiniti M37x
2006 Infiniti M35x
2004 Infiniti G35 - Sold

For people that have installed this any quick How-Tos for getting to the Accelerator Position Plug? I took the Gas Pedal off but it looks like the plug is high up behind some air duct tubing.

I have an M37x with adaptive cruise control and I believe the Pin-out is different (says not compatible on the product page). Want to take a picture of the plug to be sure.

Brian35XR
2006 Infiniti M35x
2004 Infiniti G35 - Sold

For anyone with the adaptive cruise control you indeed cannot get to the sensor by removing the pedal only like the non-technology models. Due to the pedal actuator assembly you do need to remove the instrumental panel covers and air ducts described on Page 4 of the Accelerator Control Sytem (ACC) manual: https://www.z-car.com/infiniti/m37x/ACC.pdf.

This killed my dreams of getting this, LOL.

Kwiksilver
Car: 2016 Infiniti Q70L

Yea the pedal commander will not work if you have adaptive cruise control. But sprint booster makes the same thing with or without the adaptive cruise control. I just ordered mine for my q70l so can’t wait till it comes in. I’m not sure how everyone else’s q70 drives but I feel like when I take off from a stop sign or a light it changes gears really quick that if I need to give it a little more gas to go faster I have to really push the pedal down to make it go. Kind of annoying so hopefully this will take care of that.

Brian35XR
2006 Infiniti M35x
2004 Infiniti G35 - Sold

Awesome.. i read about it last night and it seems to be more popular than the Pedal Commander. My only criticism is the pedal commander can be controlled from your phone but not a dealbreaker. I bought one here:
https://www.sprintboostersales.com/Spri ... --SPRIN032.

I'll try to take pictures of the install when I get it for other adaptive CC peeps.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”