PC Magazines First Digital DRIVE Award

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Edong t5
Car: M45

No, it's not a computer hard drive review which I thought it was. Their mentality on the award was that some cars nowadays are equipped with so much hi-tech that they're literally computers "out of the box". Obviously, most of us are driving it and already know which came out on top of that short list.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/...0.asp

I just have to say that Nissan/Infiniti did an excellent job in stocking the M with top end gadgets with cutting-edge technolgy. For example, PC Magazine confirms that the M's GPS is one of the best (based not only in design, but in operating it as well). Technology advances so fast, however, PC Magazine seems confident to comment that the gizmos the M carries would secure this car updated (and won't be obsolete for) the next 10 years.
Modified by Edong t5 at 11:18 PM 4/28/2006

superjv1080
Car: M45 + FX35

And how long will it take for us to see actual Carputers in factory offerings? With the new G35 sedan having a built-in hard drive and XM doing localized traffic, could we not see a great advance in the next few years? Or will Carputers stay in the hobbiest realm?

We all know that M$ wants to get into our cars.

Edong t5
Car: M45

Innovation comes and gos'. New "gizmos" will appear every time a new model is launched, but the question remains whether they become standard or not. Some car manufacturers add items that are profuse which makes them redundunt. I mean, how necessary is it to add a rain sensor to automatically activate wipers when it can be operated by a flick of the wrist. Some manufacturers have this mentality to integrate new technology because it can be done, not because it's necessary.

And if they are integrated in the long run, how long does it take to make it standard in all cars? I remembered when compact discs became a technological marvel during the early eighties and only standardized (not as an option) in new cars during the early nineties.
Modified by Edong t5 at 9:58 AM 5/7/2006

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”