PBM Wheel Spacers...

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
ScrapnSidwayz
Car: My damn S13 is a fuggin money pithole

I am looking into buying a pair of PBM's new adjustable bolt on wheel spacers.

I like to beat the ish out of my car and the roads I drive on are kinda crappy. So I just wana make sure that as long as bolt on wheel spacers are properly torqued down then they are perfectly safe, right?

Thanks,
Mike

Gabes13
Car: rb20det s13

The adjustable spacers do look pretty cool, but I don't have them. I do, however, have some generic bolt on spacers; 25mm to be exact. My first thoughts after install, "Why the hell is my steering wheel so wobbly?!" Pulled over and torqued the lug nuts down again. Did that about four or five times driving down the road, still had some wobble. I didn't get it b/c the spacers I had were hub centric. I tried one more thing, hubcentric rings for my wheels. These fixed my ride and steering issues. I recently but on energy suspension rack bushings and that tightened up my steering aswell. Anyways, get them if you want, but I personally don't like them.

tips:

1. Make sure you put some lock tight on the studs that actually bolt the spacer on to the hub. There have been a couple of times that I was working on my car and noticed the nuts were finger loose. I check (and re-torque if necessary) them everytime I take my wheels off.
2. Just like any other wheel stud, the studs will stretch, hence the wobbly wheels I had at first. Torque and re-torque and re-re-torque until they're stretched and tightened all the way. Be careful/ prepared though, I broke about 8 studs during this process. Get familiar with your 3lbs hammer.
3. Spring for the hubcentric ones. I think parts shop max spacers come with rings for free, so that's good. If you have wheels that are not hubcentic, you may experience some steering wheel wobbles. Grab a set of wheel hub rings and you should be set. They usually go for about 10-40 dollars depending where you purchase from, sizes, and the material they're made from.

They're holding up so far. I dont track my car very often, but I've hit a couple of curbs and done some dirt drops and my wheels haven't fallen off yet. I'm on the market for new wheels now that wouldn't require spacers though. Purchase them if you want, but proceed with caution. Some extra things you may need to budget in are some wheel hub rings and extra studs.

ScrapnSidwayz

I really appreciate that post lol you answered every question I had and then some. The PBM spacers are like $150 plus shipping. So I wasnt sure whether I should get the spacers to space out my front 16x7 +23 rims or if it would be better to just spend about $50 more and get a pair of 16x8 rims for the front of my car to.

Gabes13
Car: rb20det s13

No problem. I try not to claim like I know everything (b/c I don't know everything) but I really wish this suspension forum had more traffic. I really like learning and reading about suspension tech and wish there were more of it here on nico. Personally, I'd save and spring for new wheels instead of purchasing spaces. It would be a piece of mind, and you wouldn't have people giving you s*** about running spacers, not that their opinion really matters.

ScrapnSidwayz

I agree with you, everytime I get on NICO the first thing I check is the suspension section and there is rarely much going on here and Im just like you, I am constantly looking to learn as much as possible.
But I probably will just end buying some 16x8's for the front of my car to, its just I really like the rims I have right now but I hate that the front is only 16x7 with a weak offset lol. They are 2 piece rims though, but I have no idea where I could get a custom lip (or whatever the outside piece of the rim is called on a 2 piece rim) made for it.

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”