Pathy Changer Problems

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
ksnooksk

I have an 01 Pathfinder SE with the Bose Audio system and all with the 6 disc changer and recently the changer decided to jam up on me and give me and error 2 code....so I took the changer out and decided to eject the cds myself since it would not do so on its on...now that I have reinstalled the changer it will load and eject cds now, but will not play them....It gives me an Err1 code now and I dont know what the problem is....???

Any suggestions would be great....Thanks!

Big-Lettuce
Car: Jesus Christ, my family, & recreational time.

6-disc in dash was a great concept, along with upping the WOW-FACTOR of your musical equipment. Though this thing is a complicated, intricate, and delicate design. If you find yourself loading/ejecting compact discs #1 too quickly, #2 while the vehicle is in motion, #3 while hitting potholes, or #4 as unlikely as it seems. . . All of the above with all 6 disc loaded, you are proned to disaster. Nissan admits the design is not too great for the environment they are in, and they are proned to failure because of the invironment. This same thing happened to me @ 14k miles in 2003, the unit just jammed up? Still under warantee (30k on audio components) I simply had taken it back to the dealer to have it replaced. Dealer said Nissan would mail the CD's back, though I never got them. I forgot what the codes mean, though basically it's jammed up.

rbsileighty
Car: 92 S13 Hatch w/ RB20 & 05 Audi S4 Avant 6MT

This happened to mine as well... about 1 year ago. With some persistance I was able to get it changed under warranty even though I was technically 1 day out of it! They really gave me a hard time at one place... but the other dealer in town was pretty cool about it.

They mailed it off to Clarion (who makes Bose's car audio systems... strange), got the changer back in about 3 days, and about 6 months later I got my CD's back (had to call the dealer b/c they forgot about the cd's). The new changer works fine... but I don't trust it since the old one took only 2 years to go out. I think it's about 400+ for another changer if you have to pay for it yourself. If this one goes out again while I own the truck... I'm going to fork over the $ to get a good aftermarket MP3 unit and that stupid $45 amp bypass that is required unless you like engine feedback in your speakers.

Good luck!

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”