Pathfinder Power Window Won't Go Up

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
JR2020
Car: 2011 Nissan Pathfinder SV

Hi all, It's my first post here so go easy on me!

I did a quick search and didn't find quite the same scenario I have. I have a 2011 Pathfinder and I noticed recently that the driver's side master switch for the windows works as intended on all but the rear driver side window. The master switch can put the driver rear window down, but not back up. The local window switch in the driver side rear door still works for both up and down. All the other three windows operate just fine up and down using the master switch. Since it still operates on the local door switch, there's obviously no motor issue, and since it goes down from the master it shouldn't be a fuse, because obviously some power gets to it. The only thing I can guess then is that it's the switch itself. Can someone provide some insights on this?

Thanks!

04pathse
Car: 2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE
2008.5 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3

Yes likely you have a bad master power window switch, you can get a replacement on ebay for as low as $20 shipped.

Thommykent
Car: 2005 R51 LE

Just had same issue, took master switch out of door and slightly pried open the area where it snaps together and sprayed contact cleaner in. Problem solved. Switches really never wear out just the contacts get corroded, particularly the divers door switches from rain water. I wouldn`t put a $20 Chinese switch set in.

JR2020
Car: 2011 Nissan Pathfinder SV

Thanks Thommy. I will look for that. I never knew there was such a thing as contact cleaner.

Threewood
Car: 2003 Pathfinder SE

Yep, your master switch assembly is bad. Try the contact cleaner. I ended up getting a new one from Nissan after a used one I purchased failed on one window. I didn't have luck with the cleaner. Not cheap (about $230) but my windows work perfectly now.

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”