Pathfinder door sensor problem?

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
taoslcl

I believe I'm having a door sensor problem and am wondering if there is an easy fix. My keyless entry no longer sets the alarm and just locks the doors which I originally thought was an alarm problem but noticed that if the interior light is on door then it never goes off as if one of the doors is always open. I've tried everything to make sure all the doors are closed but the door light won't go off and the alarm won't honk. Any ideas.

NISTECH

open the rear hatch with all the other doors closed. use a screw driver to flip the door latch to the latched postion watch you dome light while dooing this. if the light is still on apply a little force to push you latch in a little tighter and see if the light goes out and you can arm your vehicle. If so you need a new latch as the internal contacts or worn out. Pretty common on the pathy. Remember to pull the release handle to pop the latch back open before you try to close the hatch or it wont close.

taoslcl

Tried it. Didn't seem to turn off the dome light when on door so I don't know whats going on. I may give up and take it to a dealer. I think I have found the sensor on all the other doors and they seem to work as well. The door open light seems to rattle on and off when driving on bumpy roads but even when the door light is off the dome light still won't go off. Any more ideas or should I take it in?

NISTECH

Do you have the dome light set to door position and not the on position? Is your dome light a timed light?

taoslcl

Just figured it out. It's actually the drivers side door. Seems like the door strips are coming off and not letting the door to close all the way. I built up the spot on the door where it hits the sensor and the alarm not works. Not sure what the permanent solution will be but thanks for the help.

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”