Pathfinder A/T Shift up and Kickdown troubles

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
archy
Car: Nissan Pathfinder SE, 1998 Model (Arabian Gulf specification)

My wife has a "98" Pathfinder SE. I just had it serviced - not at the dealer because I don't have confidence in them - and now it does not kickdown at all and when going up the box the shift up on the A/T is very sluggish. all that was done to the transmission was the oil was changed. Any hints and tips appreciated as the way they drive in Qatar, you really need good kickdown and shift-up.

KoukiS14
Car: 2005 G35x - Lakeshore Slate / Stone

Welcome to NICO!! Do you know what kind of tranny fluid they used? I guess I'll start there.

archy
Car: Nissan Pathfinder SE, 1998 Model (Arabian Gulf specification)

Just lost all the message I had typed. Don't know what type he used. Normally this guy is good. Took the Pathfinder to my work today which is about 80 clicks each way. Definitely not kicking down and it feels like there is no acceleration compared to before it had the service. I need to manually drop down to get it to accelerate fast enough and then when I shift back to Drive, the change up again is really long and sluggish. It's almost like it is stuck in a higher gear or it is missing one gear out and that makes it sluggish. The only other thing he touched anywhere near that area was the accelerator cable which was sticking from time to time like the strands were catching in the sleeve. Don't know where to look as I don't yet have a manual for it.

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”