passenger window motor

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
hitbychance
Car: 2008 350z
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 5.7L hemi

Hey guys,
The passenger side window motor in my 2008 z just went, i still have some bumper to bumper left is this covered under it?

BusyBadger
Car: '92 Nissan 240SX
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

Dtsn280zx wrote:Hey guys,
The passenger side window motor in my 2008 z just went, i still have some bumper to bumper left is this covered under it?
Can't imagine that it wouldn't be. It's certainly not a consumable and even if for some reason the service department wanted to claim wear & tear it certainly shouldn't be failing in 2 years. Take it in and have them replace it.

truckboy

With that age of a vehicle I might check , call around to the do it yourself auto wreckers and take one out yourself , plus you can either ask them or call around to a dealership to find out what yr and models have the same passenger door motors.
That way you can maybe pull one out of a newer vehicle etc.
Be sure to over haul the motor and any plug connectors , the switch and especially the ground to the motor bec sometimes it's just a bad connection and usually it's a ground rusted or corroded etc.
Any good auto parts supplier will sell them but check with places like Walmart too bec some places charge high prices for the tools and clips.I payed almost 20.00 for my solid tool that removes the door panel clips alone.

Hope that helps and best of luck. By the way it's wise to buy those new clips and the special tools bec you save the door panels from damages and really a lot of headaches in long run.

Return to “350z / 370z Technical”