Passenger side window won’t work.

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
WILLIAM_SKYLINEGTS-t
Car: 1989 R32 Skyline GTS-t

When I first got the car, the window would go up and down no problem, but quickly after it proceeded to stop working. The driver side window works perfectly. It is getting power all the way up to the switch, I replaced the window motor, I soldered the Power window relay, and I have no idea. The passenger window lock isn’t activated on the driver side. My voltmeter allows me to run power through the system and activate the motor, when I use that the window goes down and up right away. I have bought multiple different passenger side window switches, and just incase soldered that, and none of them have worked.I have no idea on what to try next, any help would be very much appreciated.

jacob005
Car: R32 Skyline GTS-4

Does it not work with the drivers side switch either?
When you roll it up and down with the volt meter, which wire are you hooking it into? The one that triggers the relay or the one to the window motor?

WILLIAM_SKYLINEGTS-t
Car: 1989 R32 Skyline GTS-t

I used the volt meter on the wire to the window motor, and no it doesn’t work from the driver-side switch either.

jacob005
Car: R32 Skyline GTS-4

What happens if you put power to the wire from the window switch to the relay? Theres a relay between the switch and the motor right? It sounds to me like that went bad

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”