Passenger side rear-view mirror

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Jonzini
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue

Hello all, while running a few errands I came back to my 2018 Rogue and noticed the passenger side rear-view mirror had been hit. It's still on there and everything still works but it's "loose", can wiggle it by hand, and can now bend all the way forward.

Is there a way to tighten it down so it can no longer rotate forward or does this now have to be replaced? Also, I see a lot of the replacement assemblies have the black "ready to be painted" cover. Can the existing silver cover be used on the new mirror?

Thanks!

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Looks like this hasn't come up before in the Rogue forum. It was mentioned in another forum (300zx I think), but the instructions didn't seem to apply. This video shows how to replace a 2nd gen Rogue mirror so you should be able to use it as a guide to tighting your mirror. I believe the painted part will pop off, using the right pry tool.

Jonzini
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue

Thanks for the video link, it's quite helpful and doesn't look too difficult. I've ordered a new mirror assembly. Hopefully it's the correct one. It's pretty confusing with a lot of options!!!

Thanks again.

Return to “Rogue Forum”