Passenger side of car doesn't have power

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
KellyInHerBelly
Car: 2013 Infiniti M37x

So I'm hoping someone can point me in the correct direction. I have a 13 M37x and for some reason I don't have any power to the passenger side of my car. The passenger power seat does not work anymore as well as the passenger window, and the rear passenger window (RH). The entire left hand side of the car works fine. I can operate the windows on the drivers side of the car without any issues and the driver seat has power. I have checked every fuse. Also bought a new battery. I'm leaning towards the BCM being the problem or a problem with the wiring. I just need to know what's wrong with the car since I don't have a mechanic I trust to properly diagnose it without trying to get one over on me because of my age. Thank you in advance.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Pin 69 on the BCM is the battery supply for both righthand windows and the seat. The wire is spliced inside the Main harness and splits before going into righthand SMJ connector from Main to Body, so the problem has to be in either the BCM or the Main harness. Put a test lamp from pin 69 to ground, if it doesn't light then your BCM is shot. If it does, then the splice in the Main harness is probably broken and you may need to route parallel wires around it to repair the disconnect. The BCM should be located vertically left of the steering column, you can find the layout here on page BCS-38:
https://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual ... %2FBCS.pdf

KellyInHerBelly
Car: 2013 Infiniti M37x

VStar650CL wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 5:17 pm
Pin 69 on the BCM is the battery supply for both righthand windows and the seat. The wire is spliced inside the Main harness and splits before going into righthand SMJ connector from Main to Body, so the problem has to be in either the BCM or the Main harness. Put a test lamp from pin 69 to ground, if it doesn't light then your BCM is shot. If it does, then the splice in the Main harness is probably broken and you may need to route parallel wires around it to repair the disconnect. The BCM should be located vertically left of the steering column, you can find the layout here on page BCS-38:
https://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual ... %2FBCS.pdf
Thank you so much. I will check it out ASAP.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”