passenger power window

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
jdulberg

I have a 95 LE with power windows... Is there any way to make the passenger window go down with 1 button press like the driver's side one does?

Thanks....

neurovish

jdulberg wrote:I have a 95 LE with power windows... Is there any way to make the passenger window go down with 1 button press like the driver's side one does?

Thanks....
It's possible, but I do not know of any 'easy' way of doing it...I don't think there is something you can just buy. The way I know to do it would involve wiring your own harness and switches for it...even then it might not work.

jdulberg

hmmm... I guess its not really worth it if its gonna require a whole bunch of work. Its just weird that they'd make it work on one window but not the other.

pancito
Car: CARS!!!

as a side effect of installing automatic windows with the aftermarket alarm, was that in the drivers side you can do that what you need for BOTH windows :ylsuper, what they do is just bridge the passanger side to the drivers controls. i don't know exactly but is finding the correct wire thats kinda hard, but with a simple tester you can check the wiring harness.

jdulberg

What about controlling the passenger window from the drivers side? Can the drivers switch be modified to automatically open the passenger window with 1 click? I usually don't have passengers in that car so if I can get the switch working just on the passenger side, that would be cool.

pancito

Sorry for my english, but is not my first lenguage (sp?) :D

The side effect was that in the drivers door, i can do the 1 click for BOTH windows, passanger and drivers side, everything you need are in a few wires in the drivers door control panel...

with my alarm when is ON both windows go UP, and when is off and i press the secundary button, BOTH windows go down.

opf course everything else is normal except for the added 1 click open in the passanger door.

jdulberg

Can I do this without an aftermarket alarm?

pancito

Yes you can as i said is just briging two cables together or replaceing it. i have zero knowledge of electrical stuff or anything of that sort. so i wouldnt know,

but in my logical sence of things (MINE don't do it unless your sure, get a 12v current tester, and check wich cables light up when you press the buttons, or activate the "1 click".

there are at least 3 cables involved.

1 is the cable that when you hit the "1 click" down on the drivers side, it should lite up (get 12v)

2 is the normal cable for the up or down movement for the drivers side (button #1).

3 is the normal movement for the up or down movemente in the passenger side (button #2).

when you press the "one click" 1 and 2 should make the entire circuit, but there is nothing there for 1 and 3, and that is what you should do IMO.

I don't know if you need relays or not. if you don't know about electrical stuff, take them to a shop or ask a friend, he will have a more detailed explination of how things work. (maybe that is why you posted here right??? :D )

pancito

Sorry for not knowing exactly what to do, but for a final answer, YES IT CAN BE DONE, AND NO IS NOT THAT COMPLICATED...everything is there just put 2 + 2 and your done.

and you will have to know about this, don't splice or connect 2 cables, or you will short something for sure.

you can test your cables, nothing will happen don't get scared, but don't splice or get cables together..

:xfingers

ash1y1
Car: Cars, Gadgets & Gizmos, Computers, Health, Travel

I was under the impression that it's just a simple relay addition that allows for auto window on the passenger side. Is this incorrect? I was actually going to do the addition this weekend and just purchase the exact relay being used for the driver's side and add it to the passenger side. Will this not work?

pancito

Yes you can is very simple, right now the only downside is that you can not block the passanger side control (With the little button thats in the drivers side), but i guess is just a little headwork (and i don't mean B-Job ) :D

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”