Parts Question and Looking to Buy Maxima

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
Daves03Maxima
Car: 2003 Maxima SE TE

In the market for a used Nissan, already know it must have the 3.5 engine, auto or manual doesn't really matter to me. My parts question is how much are catalytic converters for these and is it easy to install yourself? I really like the 2002-2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition, id rather have sport oriented options over creature comforts. Also needed to know if the Maxima has more interior room over the Altima, are the differences purely cosmetic? Here are a few examples of what im looking for, Im into Metallic colors, earth shades like Tan and Brown dont really do anything for me.

Wjobanion4
Car: 2005 Maxima SE 3.5 Red, sunroof 160K mileage range

I have a 2005 3.5 SE with 160K mileage. Looking to sell. Having some ECM issues, some damage to front right fender, a few dings, had a collision by previous owner front end but rebuilt and although a bit sloppy on the trim, alignment is all good, incorrect PS rack needs a swap but works well when warm, sticky in the am and she has a broken rear right passenger window. I

'm not working, out of money and need a simple cheap reliable mid 90's civic or something, or just a fair price from someone who appreciates this generation of Maxima.

It's a great car, faster than I imagined actually, but without work or income, it's just not being upkept well enough to be proud of, with exception of critical items such as use of only premium fuel and oil every 2.5-3k miles like clockwork.

On the important aspects , she's not burning any oil that I can noticeably identify and the coolant system is perfect as well.

Lastly her a** sags some, needs rear shocks I'm guessing but previous owner may have lowered to be honest I really don't know much other than I'm only the second owner.

I just rebuilt the front passenger wheel assy due to broken axle, did the strut too, etc.

Just had the Cam sensors replaced and the little computer
box below the stereo was removed by me due to a couple of dimes falling into the computers test probe service window, a very common scenario I'm told, now just needs to be reinstalled. My time right now is best spent finding a new job, not playing with my car, soon to be an "ex-girl -friend"

P245.45.ZR18's are pretty new. Brakes are only 8 mos old.

Please email me if interested at [email protected], I'm in Northern Calif.

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”