**Part 2..... Broadfield's New Interior Mods**

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
Broadfield
Car: 1992 240sx

Hcraig13 wrote:Thats lookin great so far. Cant wait to see it done. Where did you learn to do all this stuff assuming your doing it yourself.
Self taught on everything I do. Naturally good with my hands...... don't get any ideas
shanelach wrote:Looking very good. You should paint your faded glove box handle. I did when i re upholstered my box in vinyl and am glad I did. Also, did you get your material to contour where the handle goes, or did you add another piece in? I couldn't get mine to stay, and when I thought it was about to work, the hair dryer I was using melted through the vinyl, so I trimmed it and matched another piece in.
Actually the handle looks very white because I cleaned it with adhesive cleaner. So it basically makes it very "dry". It will turn back to black when I use my interior protectant on it. For under the handle I used another piece. You should be able to tell in the pics. I cut a small piece of the correct shape and folded the edges under onto itself..... that way it gives that little piece a finished edge.
gregfarz78 wrote:That Bride fabric came foam backed like that? or all automotive fabric is like that?

I love the look of that it really looks awesome you do some nice work. I need to find something that looks like that minus the Bride logo since I don't have anything else Bride in my car that would probably be lame to use the fabric. Did you buy the fabric online?
Yes, it comes pre-backed with the foam. I bought the fabric from Drivelinestore.com. They stock all of the materials.
wynnEZ wrote:Looking great Toby, love your kitchen.
Thanks!
91SilviaKs wrote:
the fabric is available online sometimes....I caught hell finding mine because I didnt order enough of it the first time, so I had to find it twice...Toby is has buddies that are setup as dealers (or he is a dealer??). I am doing my Silvia the same gradation on the inside...Toby it does look great man...
Drivelinestore.com stocks all of the material..... talk to Eric.
AZ89two4Tsx wrote:Looks great Broadfield.

How do you get the fabric to wrap smoothly around the corners. I never could get it when doing the door panels.

Also, how did you do your sun visors? I was thinking about re-upholstering those.
That's what I was talking about pulling the material as you use your thumb to press the material where you want it. Very hard to put into words. I have a cage, so the visors had to go bye-bye.

Ghast
Car: 1993 240sx, 2002 Lancer ES, 2006 350z Enthusiast

Looks very good my friend!

As expected!

One Love,

Ghasty

PS: I will be entrusting you to do mine just as great when we get to it.

Koshin
Car: JP'd out Y32 Gloria GTU, 750 hp '87 Grand National, '63 Impala SS 327/4 speed

^^^^

P.S. get cher money out!!!

Broadfield

91SilviaKs wrote:^^^^

P.S. get cher money out!!!
He's already had me fabricate an item for him, so I don't doubt he'll pony up again

SolaraOnBronze
Car: 1993 240sx SR20DET

Looks great man! I am still trying to hunt down the right size tach for a cluster setup, I am having a hell of a time finding one. I did some measuring and I dont think we could make anything work with the 110mm gauge... Ill shoot you another email. I dont want to be one of the "broadfield flakers" :p

s14_sport

oh question for ya...

I have a defi control module II with BF water, boost and oil temp. Had everything hooked up working correctly. Then I got an 80mm tachometer and hooked it up and it didnt work. I remembered reading somewhere that certain gauges only work in control output 1 and others in control output 2. So I switched them from output 2 to output 1 and now my tach works. But everything is on the brightess illumination and I can't adjust the illumination anymore. Is there anyway to work around this?

Btw, I want to buy the Alpine 305 and the ipod control cord. Do you have any of these in stock?

Broadfield

Yeah, I've been looking for the 80mm also for you. No luck so far.

SolaraOnBronze
Car: 1993 240sx SR20DET

Well I appreciate the help amigo. Im gonna email you some of the cluster ideas i designed this afternoon. Want to run an idea past you with the ginormous tach

Really digging the glove box too... looks mint!

Broadfield

s14_sport wrote:oh question for ya...

I have a defi control module II with BF water, boost and oil temp. Had everything hooked up working correctly. Then I got an 80mm tachometer and hooked it up and it didnt work. I remembered reading somewhere that certain gauges only work in control output 1 and others in control output 2. So I switched them from output 2 to output 1 and now my tach works. But everything is on the brightess illumination and I can't adjust the illumination anymore. Is there anyway to work around this?

Btw, I want to buy the Alpine 305 and the ipod control cord. Do you have any of these in stock?
So put the tach on output 1 and the BF's on output 2

The 305's are on back-order from Alpine right now. Hopefully I will have them sometime this week or next. The USB/iPod cable comes with the 305. Nice choice in radio by-the-way

Broadfield

SolaraOnBronze wrote:Well I appreciate the help amigo. Im gonna email you some of the cluster ideas i designed this afternoon. Want to run an idea past you with the ginormous tach

Really digging the glove box too... looks mint!
Awesome, can't wait to see what you came up with! Worst thing that could happen is that I shoot your idea down

georgegto
Car: Nissan s13

So far so good but what about the headliner are u gonna also do it with BRIDE material?

Broadfield

georgegto wrote:So far so good but what about the headliner are u gonna also do it with BRIDE material?
Absolutely! That was the one thing I was going to do in the black Bride logo material for sure. Problem is that I can't just easily pull it out with the 6pt. cage in there. So I am procrastinating that too.

COLD DARK NORTH

Siiiick. You sir are a true inspiration!

Speaking of your six point cage, where did you find such an interior friendly beast? How did you re-install your interior?

One last thing, where did you get your vent gauge bezel? If you made it is there a how-to?

Again AWESOME car Broadfield!

Broadfield

The cage is a Cusco. The only interior piece you have to modify for the cage is the rear quarter trim. I have an amazing method for getting the pass-through hole EXACT, but you have to waste one quarter panel to do so.

On my vent setup I cut a piece of aluminum for the back plate. If you don't want to cut one yourself there is a guy on Ebay that sells them. For the rings I simply bought angel rings from Summit. I texture coated all of the pieces and painted them a SEM Landau black. To hold the setup in the dash I got pretty creative. It's actually bolted in and you could hang on it if you wanted to. It's difficult to explain how I did it though without pictures...... and I don't have pictures of that part of the install.

s14_sport

Hey could you get me an extra defi control wire model # PDF01303H

Broadfield

Sorry, I am no longer a Defi dealer. What cable is that? A gauge jumper? I might have some extra ones around I could sell you.

Toby

s14_sport

oh ok...its the 6 foot cable that comes packaged in the defi control module box. Same as the jumper cable...just longer.

240pav
Car: 1991 240sx sr20det redtop

wish i was as skilled as you, i hate doing electrical stuff, i actually used to hate jumping cars !but i got over my fear by doing my sleepy headlight conversion ( not hard ) with the controller unit, BH had an awesome write up. im aamazed how good your stuff looks !!

more props for ya !

Broadfield

s14_sport wrote:oh ok...its the 6 foot cable that comes packaged in the defi control module box. Same as the jumper cable...just longer.
I will check tomorrow for you, but I doubt I have a long one. I could make a long one for you though if you wanted. I would basically cut a short one in half and extend it to whatever length you want. You would be looking at $15 shipped. I have to make sure I have a short one first though.

Toby

BrianHarte
Car: 180sx

Excuse me dr. broad guy.

What does your seatbelt mounting point / B pillar plastic / cage situation look like.

I'm trying to figure out how to make mine look better. It really looks like s*** to be honest.

Broadfield

Simply a longer bolt with thick spacers. Then the nice plastic cap to cover up the bolt.

BrianHarte

eh, was hoping for some pictures or something.

I understand the long bolt and spacers.

how close is it to your cage.

I was trying to check mine out to see and it looks pretty close to where the seatbelt thing would be.

Broadfield

I got ya.... I can take a couple pics of it when I get home. I looked through my pics and I don't have any of the B-pillar.

I'll post them up in about 4-5 hours.

kyles1988

I could come over and get pictures of everything with your cage if you want. You seem to get a lot of questions about how its fits, how the rear panels work with the cage etc.

Broadfield

kyles1988 wrote:I could come over and get pictures of everything with your cage if you want. You seem to get a lot of questions about how its fits, how the rear panels work with the cage etc.
Yeah, I figured you could do that once I get the interior all done.

BH, here are a couple crappy pics.... I hope this helps. When the belt is buckled it doesn't come anywhere close to rubbing on the cage.

BrianHarte

oh damn.

My cage hoop is like RIGHT where the bolt goes in.

I guess hatches and coupes are more different than I thought.

Thanks you for the photos though.

Broadfield

BrianHarte wrote:My cage hoop is like RIGHT where the bolt goes in.
Damn, that sucks!

AZ89two4Tsx
Car: 2017 VW GTI, 14 Honda CBR650F

"Crappy" pics, lol. Those "crappy" pics are better than 90% of the pictures people on here post.

Broadfield

Thanks, but they are mega crap. When you hang with Kyle all the time it really proves to me that I am in the correct business..... anything but photography

Future_gohan
Car: 91 240sx, 91 vert

nvm. lol Driveline's website is down. :[

Also, Great job on the interior so far! Its a beaut!

Return to “240sx General Discussion”