Parking sensor are not working properly after HID kit installed for Fog light

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
robtseng
Car: FX35

Hi I am new here and hopefully someone can answer my question. I just bought a new FX35 and had HID kit conversion installed for the Fog light. I notice that after the HID kit is installed, the parking sensor is working property.

For example: 1) Going to a parking log, no car is around me, but the front parking sensor will on (green or red). 2) When the car is very close to the wall, the car sensor alarm will show Green, usually I will get green or yellow when is very close to the wall, then maybe red when I am very very close. but now it shows green even it is very close.

Do I need to install EMI filter to resolve this problem? Help please..

Regards,RT

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Did you simply connect the ballast to the factory wires? If so, the system may be seeing more of a drain than it's used to and causing the issues. Install a relay for the ballasts and that might fix the issue unless the wiring harness was hacked somewhere else.

robtseng

Thank you for your reply and info.Actually, I had a store (where I bought the HID kit from) installed for me, at this point they not too sure where the problem is and they said th EMI filter might fix the problem. I will pass the info to them and keep this board updated in case someone else may have the same issue in a near future.

Gee, I guess they should pay me for doing their job. My next visit to the shop is on Tuesday. Any other thoughts?Regards,RT

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Without knowing how they installed the HID retrofit I have no idea. If the vehicle had factory fogs then they should have used a relay and tapped into the factory foglight connection (and run a wire from the relay to the battery).

seldomseen
Car: '12 Altima Coupe 3.5 SR & '15 Lexus GS350 F Sport

Were the installers high school drop outs?

robtseng

I think so too... ^^.Anyway, I brought the car back to the body shop and mentioned that maybe reply will fix the problem but he said there is no need to install it, i was like, ok,, i am just giving you a 2nd thought.

before he added 2 EMI filters, he ran a quick test to see if he could duplicate the issue i had , and of course the car was working fine at the shop, and he was not sure adding these 2 EMI filters could fix the issue or not , since he could not duplicate the issue and could not guarantee his work. I ended up brought the HID kid back to the store and now fighting to get my $60 installation fee back ( I was told by the salesman that the HID kit I bought will work on my car).Wish me luck....... man, I guess it's not easy to find a body shop which they know what they are doing in vancouver. i was watching those car body shop in tv in the states, man, they rock.

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”