Parasitic Drain

General discussion area for the L33-chassis Altima.
jones6780
Car: 2014 Altima 3.5 SL

So My wife bought a used Altima. Now we are having problems with a parasitic battery drain. Thanks to this site I finally found a wiring diagram. With so many hot wires coming off the battery I started there and used , nicoclub.com/FSM/Altima/2014%20Altima/PG.pdf, page 8 and p 71. I checked amperage from each of the 5 wires and selected the highest load, wire #1 with anywhere from 1 to .9 amps. I removed all the fuse able links and fuses in the circuit and guess what? I still have the same load. What gives? Is there power backfeeding from something else? Looking for some help.

Thanks
Russell

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

This kind of stuff is really hard to diagnose in person, let alone over an internet connection. I can't help but maybe a bump will get this thread more attention again. Good luck.

jones6780
Car: 2014 Altima 3.5 SL

Well Nissan said I had the wrong battery. Said it was for a 2.5 and I have a 3.5. They installed a 700CCA and it worked good until the car sat for 2 days and the battery was dead. Anyway, I think the radio head unit is the problem. Started restarting and sometimes would say no SD card and other times "Update Failed" or "Status Initializing"

Looking for a head unit. I have the Bose, CD/Radio/Nav unit.

Return to “5th Generation Altima Sedan (2013-2018)”