PHOTOS WORK Panoramic roof & black accents on White Vert

Dedicated to the G37 Convertible. This forum is for convertible-only content that is NOT covered in the other G-Series forums.
sixdegreesoffreedom
Car: White G7S Vert 6MT

Always loved the contrast of white and black. With this high gloss vinyl wrap addition, I now have the look of a panoramic roof. Wrapped the side view mirrors, tail fin, and back decals as well. In a funny way, it makes the antenna look in place, instead of out of place as it usually does. I have on order a smurf antenna just to see the difference. In all, I think it turned out great, with just the right amount of black accent to give the white vert a more masculine but not racer boy appeal. I like the 2009 front fascia for its more laid back grand tourer theme than the more aggressive, stacked, look of new models. The accents i chose fall in line with that theme. Moreover, I love chrome but not over done and the remaining chrome under the window line extending back from the awesome vert headlights almost makes for a chrome pinstripe look from grill to headlights to door trim. Been in love with the chrome wheels since day one, now they stand out even more in my observation. Provided photo of neighbors BMW 645ci with actual panoramic roof in a side by side comparison.

Hope you like.

http://s1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii6 ... offreedom/

Follow up, sorry about the original post, unsure why the links failed. Hope this one works. Please let me know. (JUST REPLACED THE LINK ABOVE TO THE NOW CORRECT LINK FEB 2012)

I may plasti-dip the wheels and grill black and apply afterward a new product from them I have on order, a high gloss clear coat, and put that over top. Just to capture the difference of how I feel wheels and grill can make GT go to racer boy with the loss of the styling chrome. But do so in a non permanent way. Plasti-dip is some seriously fun stuff, basically a henna tattoo for your car.

But I truly believe the current remaining amount of chrome gives it a sleek E class Mercedes look with the windows down, given its equal absence of a B pillar, from the front and front just off center.

I have now lived with the change for three days, all in all my feelings and surprise. My biggest surprises are how it helps

1) at certain angles, give off the impression that the top is in fact down and
2) showcase the angular forward styling of the vert windows, giving the car a much more aggressive look haunched forward more with the back end of the vert naturally being flared more than the coupe only enhancing the look even more
3) make the back end look even smaller
4) helps to lower the profile somewhat and make it look less rounded at the top,
5) helps to accent the head light "big tit" Porsche style front end at least from top down view
6) helps break up the chopped up look some antiverts complain about.

Hope this link works out, sorry about the failure of the previous post, not sure what picasa's limitations are.
Last edited by sixdegreesoffreedom on Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cmesurf
Car: Infinitis, 03 FX35, 07 g35 sedan, 05 FX45, 09 G-vert & 14 Q50S Hybrid AWD

your links are not working "Sorry, that page was not found"

sixdegreesoffreedom

I replaced the link on the original post let me know how it works out, thanks for the heads up

cmesurf

The link works now. You used the wrap but didn't do the third section of the roof. The chrome spoiler is also wrapped.
Why not get rid of the whip antenna? and wrap the trunk mounted antenna cap also- without the whip antenna, some thing like this : Image

sixdegreesoffreedom

I've done the side view mirrors as well. The trunk mounted antenna cap I will obtain once I get your order. Along with the fm imbedded spoiler. One small step at a time. I also ordered your smurf antenna to try that option out.

I'm trying out the minimalist option first, top hatting the front panel of the vert top black and the side view mirrors and current spoiler black, high gloss to effectively look like the dart tinted windows, sharing a shine and luminescence. (I am an original owner of a 1984 300zx T Tops and can't get over the airy look of the Z T Top placement. This is my way of giving a shout out to the older generation I suppose) (Now if only they could manufacture the opening and closing robotics to handle the increased weight of ACTUALLY glassing out the front top vert panel, that would be something!)

I have viewed allot of black topped cars, seems most
1) have the front A frame top just above the windshield colored
2) Most commonly, they go all the way back, from A frame to rear window
3) I've seen some that go black at front, panoramic window to a C frame in the back left white
4) So many configurations, yet I hadn't seen this approach.

If I were to continue back further with the rap, I think I'd leave a slight framing in white, the all black roofs for me seem off, I understand the attraction, but without the break between glass and roof, its a little off putting to me. effectively topping the car (mini cooper style) is to me attractive and subtle. Perhaps I'm just counter culture or like doing the odd man out topping, but its what I like.

cmesurf

I am sure it will look fantastic once you are all done. :bowrofl:
Some one did similar to their red vert but with carbon fiber wrap. Both look awesome & one of a kind.
Your items are on the way will get it before Thanks Giving Holidays. :bigthumb:
sixdegreesoffreedom wrote:I've done the side view mirrors as well. The trunk mounted antenna cap I will obtain once I get your order. Along with the fm imbedded spoiler. One small step at a time. I also ordered your smurf antenna to try that option out.

I'm trying out the minimalist option first, top hatting the front panel of the vert top black and the side view mirrors and current spoiler black, high gloss to effectively look like the dart tinted windows, sharing a shine and luminescence. (I am an original owner of a 1984 300zx T Tops and can't get over the airy look of the Z T Top placement. This is my way of giving a shout out to the older generation I suppose) (Now if only they could manufacture the opening and closing robotics to handle the increased weight of ACTUALLY glassing out the front top vert panel, that would be something!)

I have viewed allot of black topped cars, seems most
1) have the front A frame top just above the windshield colored
2) Most commonly, they go all the way back, from A frame to rear window
3) I've seen some that go black at front, panoramic window to a C frame in the back left white
4) So many configurations, yet I hadn't seen this approach.

If I were to continue back further with the rap, I think I'd leave a slight framing in white, the all black roofs for me seem off, I understand the attraction, but without the break between glass and roof, its a little off putting to me. effectively topping the car (mini cooper style) is to me attractive and subtle. Perhaps I'm just counter culture or like doing the odd man out topping, but its what I like.

cereal2k
Car: 2009 G37S Convertible,2003 G35 Sedan

Hi. I'd really like to see how your accents turned out. Can you share the album publicly, or post photos to photo bucket and use the img links.

sixdegreesoffreedom

http://s1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii6 ... offreedom/

I hope this link works. I waited until the evening setting sun to post these to maximize the reflective content of the 3m overlay. Black High gloss with a protective layer over the top.

Let me know if these work.

Sorry for the delay in reponding.

cmesurf

Looks very nice

Return to “G37 Convertible Forum”