Painting my bumper.

From wax to washes, the Detailing Forum should be used for questions and ideas concerning exterior and interior cleaning and appearance
Two Fowty
Car: 1990 240sx hatch, 1989 240sx hatch

Okay, I got a new bumper, cause mine is messed up, but I need to paint it. It is currently aztec red, and I'm needing it cherry red.

I know how to sand it, and all that, so that's not an issue.

I went to a local auto store and had them mix me the color I need. They set me up with what I'd need to paint it, but I honestly have no idea how to use any of this.

I'm just doing a single stage coating.

What I got:

acrylic enamel cherry red paint <- it has a little chart VOC g/l | AP: 551, LE:551

A mixing cup with a bunch of mixing ratios and stuff all around the cup

A small 1/2 pint of acrylic enamel catalyst (483-11™) <- idk what it means, the can says using in an 8:1 ratio, 8 parts unreduced paint, 1 part catalyst, has a chart too VOC g/l | AP: 266, LE: 266

A quart of medium reducer (441-21™) <- again, idk what it means, has a chart too VOC g/l | AP: 637, LE: 808

several mixing sticksseveral paper funnels with screens at the bottom

I can easily get ahold of a spray gun, which is what I need, but as far as using all these, I'm completely lost.

Any help from you guys who know how to use this stuff will be greatly appreciated. I dont wanna mess up the first time because it was kinda expensive. Details will be nice.

Thanks

Return to “Detailing Forum”