Paint

1980-1986 Datsun 720 forums. All 720-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
Supererogator
Car: 1980 Datsun 720 King Cab

Does anyone have a source for original colour paint chips/samples? What was available? I remember almost only brown, maybe a blue one or two...maybe even silver...What were the colours for the early 720s? Anyone know?

Another silly and misplaced question....

In my user pic is the truck I own. She looks lower than the other two similar vintage trucks I have seen like her. Does any one know from the pics, if she is lower? I'm just tryin' to learn here.

I'll try a larger pic:[IMG][/IMG]...sorry, not getting the code here yet..may try later.... Thanks for the time to learn the format.

Thanks again
Modified by Supererogator at 1:50 AM 2/13/2009

breadbox
Car: Red 89 240sx,Black 89 Koop, White 84 720 4x4KC

I have seen many white ones.

Its possible to drop the front with the torsion bars longer bolts drop it lower down. I think I found pictures of your 720 when searching through craigslist or at least I thought it was.

What color are you ideally shooting for?

PEZi
Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX Mitsubishi Racing Edition

breadbox wrote:I have seen many white ones.

Its possible to drop the front with the torsion bars longer bolts drop it lower down. I think I found pictures of your 720 when searching through craigslist or at least I thought it was.

mine was originally white

and lowering is so easy if you were not the original owner there is a good chance that it was lowered by the previous one

Supererogator
Car: 1980 Datsun 720 King Cab

breadbox wrote:I think I found pictures of your 720 when searching through craigslist or at least I thought it was.

Probably the one. That's where I found it about a month ago.

I am not sure what colour I want, but I am curious as to what my choices are...

So, is it just as easy to raise the truck back up? Need springs and such form another truck I suppose?

Dang, this is such a different world than my Mustang.

PEZi
Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX Mitsubishi Racing Edition

Supererogator wrote:
Probably the one. That's where I found it about a month ago.

I am not sure what colour I want, but I am curious as to what my choices are...

So, is it just as easy to raise the truck back up? Need springs and such form another truck I suppose?

Dang, this is such a different world than my Mustang.
there are no springs in the front... you just raise it using the torsion bars.

the back may be difficult tho depending on what it looks like. if there are lowering blocks you just remove them. if it was done some other way then re arching or adding a leaf will do it

Return to “Datsun 720”